Ok, I never have done a job so big yet to date, but a customer/friend is opening a thrift store and wants the name on 4 glass panels obove the store front. I'm going to either layer the font or offset. I have no idea what to charge, also doing this out of my home/hobbie office. The total length of this project is 29+ ft.And the font will be 22 to 23 inches tall. I know design factors in along with labor, install. What would be a fair price. Any info would be appreciated. Kevin

Search the forum bud. There are 100's of topics on this.... You really need to find what you feel you need to make to cover your time and materials and go from there. The rate charges are different everywhere.

It depends on if you are buying materials " Wholesale " from a " Wholesale ONLY " supplier !!! That is some humor for some buddys :) ( or at least me :lol: ) . It depends on if just text that would be extremely easy to weed/install or something more complex & if you are installing . Letting the customer install creates problems as they have a much better chance at ruining the decal or having decals that you would not be flattered by . I would call a few " store front " business & get an idea of what the going rate in the area , then adjust the price according to my overhead & need to compete pricewise . I would cut that in sections a few feet & align when installing . What anybody on this forum would charge does not have much reality in what is fair in your area IMO .

Hey Coaster , That is good . cool & funny & I chuckled .. I was actually expecting some humor when i seen you had responded & was opening this thread . I am ok with things & seems you are also , so NP . You are 1 of the Buddys !!! Being honest & saying what is on my mind is what i do most of the time . I do refraim sometimes , but it is tough :) . I like when others do the same thing . It is always best to stay within certain standards , but ok even when things go beyond IMO . I always have a humorous take on things . I am waiting for SA's reaction :lol: .

What I would consider is how much they could buy banners for . To me , I should be able to buy just decals cheaper than decals installed on a banner . The installation effects that . so If just selling the decals .. decide if your customer has ever heard about e-bay :)

No hard feelings here. Im just hear to learn and try and help where I can. I dont want to pick fights with people on the internet. Although a forum of just keyboard fights might be amusing.

Im still available for that glass of sweat tea when your in the area.

It's a Thrift Store so your pricing has to be thrifty.

I often use the rule of thumb of FedEx/Kinko's RTA price list -- 50% of the letter size is the price.

For example, 6" letters = $3 ea.

For anything between 20" and 28" letters my charge is $15. ea. (my cutter can take 30" vinyl so I'm restricted to using 28" letters on the horizontal as the vinyl unrolls).

23" font @ $15 per letter x 11 letters = $165.

Then, duplicate that for the shadow and now you're at $330.

Installation (you're up on a ladder, kinda tricky) = $250.

I'm at around six hunnert.

FWIW.

post-21408-0-99520400-1340583432.jpg

• Like 1

No hard feelings here. Im just hear to learn and try and help where I can. I dont want to pick fights with people on the internet. Although a forum of just keyboard fights might be amusing.

Im still available for that glass of sweat tea when your in the area.

Same here , I don't like to fight either , but when called names , I respond :) . There are plenty of forums to fight on , but i don't even post on them when researching . Many forums not that intention , but just as brutal . 1 of the best things I like best about this forum is John keeps it real . There has never been any thread in any forum that has not had some sort of tangent so staying strictly " on topic " is not realistic IMO . Religion, politics etc is kept away from so things stay calmer here . Plenty of other forums to discuss all that stuff . I have adjusted my perspectives about many things since joining 5 years ago . Members giving opinions & experience has helped me & that is why i give mine .

My in-laws live near Orlando & I get there once in a blue moon , so the sweet tea offer will be good . BTW , I think Mons Venus has the best sweet tea :) .

Rodger and Coaster need to get a room....lol Hey I appreciate all the comments, I came up with around the 500. mark, I'm giving the install just because its a buddy. Yea, I'm giving it away so to speak since there are 24 letters in the whole name of the store. But I'm ok with that, I'm gaining experience and having fun at the same time. Cheers to you all. Thank You.

• Like 1

ROGER be careful flirting with anyone other than youe honey in the great white north...I hear shes a mean one and didn;t tell you which color pants to put on today..LMAO..OHHHH and I did get a chuckle and refrained fromposting additional comments for research..DIDNT WAN ta offend you or others again..LMAO!!!

Same here , I don't like to fight either , but when called names , I respond :) .

So How will you respond when I call you Rodger???

RODGER RODGER RODGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOL. OK, enough screwing off, I'm behind.

I am glad when humor , comraderie & fun prevails :lol: . I have always said somebody can curse me bad & make me laugh then some can call me Sir & piss me offr.... it all depends on how it is done . Over the net , intent/demeanor isn't as easy to understand as in person .

SA , that cracked me up .. now if you had called me SA .... I would have to harden my head even more for it to be accurate !!! :lol:

Stetty , The matching tattoos you & Roxy have proves & says it all !!! :lol::bear::angel: