OWJones

Alternatives to Expensive Graphtec Blade Holder?

I got my first set of Clean Cut Blades, ordered both 45° and 60° and thought it would be great to have two blade holders to make it easy to swap them out. Went to US Cutter site and holy cow, $105 for that little blade holder? I thought it must be a typo until I checked a few other suppliers - same price.

US Cutter lists two blade holders for Graphtec cutters for the 0.9mm blades - one is silver with a black top ($50) and the other is black with a blue top ($105). They both say they are for the 0.9mm blades, but neither one says specifically "this blade holder works in Graphtec models X, Y and Z".

I also see ones that look the same as the silver and black model on ebay for even cheaper prices. How do I know which ones work with my Graphtec CE5000-60, short of ordering the most expensive one that looks just like mine?

I am almost positive all Graphtec brand cutters use the same blade holders - CB09U for the .09 mm blade and CB15U

for the 1.5mm blade. I think the $50 blade holder that US Cutter has is the exact same one on ebay but with a huge mark-up.

I have the silver one from US Cutter, it is all aluminum and very well made, have not had any issues with it, I keep a 60 degree blade in it and use it for all of my metalic and reflective vinyl. I just can't see the need to pay $105 for an all plastic blade holder.

I just can't see the need to pay $105 for an all plastic blade holder.

That's exactly what I was thinking...

i will go with the one in us cutter website :thumbsup: the one on ebay IMO are copy of the original one and are not so precise made.

Which one, though? The $105 one that appears to be almost all plastic, or the $50 one that looks to be made of metal? Because the $50 one looks *exactly* like the cheaper ones on ebay. I don't mind giving money to US Cutter, I bought my Graphtec from them and have bought all my vinyl from them since then, but I can't justify paying $105 for a plastic blade holder when there are other ones out there that are much cheaper *if* they're just as good.

Like I said, I have two of the ebay ones, before I bought them did some research on the forums here and a few members have them as well with no reported issues.

They seem like they work just fine for me. I use one to keep a 60' blade in for finer stuff and another one setup for contour cutting. My other graphtec ones I use for general cutting.