anil cs

copam cutting plotter starting problem

hi.. I am anil from india and new to this forum

my copam 4050 plotter getting starting problem on carriage. when I start the machine it moves from starting point but it does'nt stops on other side its hiting on the plotter body and makes noice. I think something happened on messuring censor.

what is the solution for this problem? please help me out.................your suggestions highly apreciated

I am not an owner of Copam machine, but you might want to check out the STOP (home switch) button, sometimes they fail.

USCutter sells replacement buttons for other cutters, maybe they can help with obtaining the one suitable for your particular one.

http://www.uscutter.com/Replacement-Home-Switch-for-US-Cutter-MH-Series-Cutters-RFPHOMESWTCH

hi.. I am anil from india and new to this forum

my copam 4050 plotter getting starting problem on carriage. when I start the machine it moves from starting point but it does'nt stops on other side its hiting on the plotter body and makes noice. I think something happened on messuring censor.

what is the solution for this problem? please help me out.................your suggestions highly apreciated

Anil,

The sensor on the cutter head uses magnets on the pinch roller support to "sense" the edges of the material - is the magnet present on the left pinch roller assembly?

slice&dice - the Copam doesn't have a limit switch like some of the other machines USCutter sells - good thought - but doesn't apply to these machines - unless the 4050 is dfferent than my cp-2500

-Mike

Maybe check the driver you are using in the software...? It is possible the driver selected is for the larger machine- so say, you have a 24" cuttter, it now THINKS it is a 48" and will ram into the side every time.

Anil,

The sensor on the cutter head uses magnets on the pinch roller support to "sense" the edges of the material - is the magnet present on the left pinch roller assembly?

slice&dice - the Copam doesn't have a limit switch like some of the other machines USCutter sells - good thought - but doesn't apply to these machines - unless the 4050 is dfferent than my cp-2500

-Mike

Anil,

I would not just replace the blade holder carriage - although you may find out that it needs to be replaced. First try getting support from USCutter - or whoever you purchased from.

http://support.uscutter.com/

Good luck,

Mike