Sign in to follow this  
GuerillaGraphics

MH 721 Won't cut 90 degree angles cleanly

I am running a MH 721 connected to PC with USB. I use inkscape and sign blazer.

I am trying to cut 1000 pieces of this logo and the corners are getting jagged or cut off.

I have adjusted my blades ( both 45 and 60)

I have adjusted the offset.

Any suggestions?

post-24889-0-89021500-1340394901.png

post-24889-0-81601800-1340395956.jpeg

actually nothing about the cuts look smooth...it looks like it's just ripping it's way thru the vinyl. Are you sure the blade has a tip on it? Or damaged.?

Have you retried to set the blade depth? Less blade, more force is the way to go.. You should just barely see the blade tip, out of the blade holder. I have written this a bunch of times, take blade holder out of machine, and in hand, firmly cut a piece of the same vinyl. You should only be cutting vinyl. and no mark in wax paper backing, adjust to get there. Put the holder back in machine and and use the force to get the same results. Only cut vinyl, no marks in wax paper backing. And serial or keyspan adapter is always the best way to go. USB is hit or miss.

Make sure there are no pieces of vinyl in blade holder, a drop of light oil in blade holder helps, or on the blade shaft.

After getting the blade depth correct go back and make readjustment the blade offset. at .05MM + or minus adjustments til cuts look better.

It looks like offset to me. What do you have your offset set to?

take the cover off of the blade holder assembly and tighten everything in there. When you turn the cutter off, does the blade drop all the way down, or does it hang a little up? If it drops all the way down the spring tension inside the assembly is loose.