slice&dice

Just "horsing" around ----

Last week, on that famous E-normous auction site, I won a set of clip-art DVD discs, 10 in all, with around 35,000 images, all cut-ready vectors.

(Search: HUGE MEGA VECTOR CLIPART FOR SIGN VINYL PLOTTER CUTTER)

Now, I'm overwhelmed with the vastness of choices, and it's really time consuming to browse through everything (there are .pdf reference pages in every folder with thumbnails of each item) and I haven't been able to review it all yet.

Anyway, today a customer walks in, wanting a few 18"x24" bandit signs to advertise their horse stables. Lo and behold, my new disc collection has a category "Horses" and contains just the right element for adding to the design.

I highly recommend this set to anyone here wants to own an amazing assortment of cuttable artwork, with subjects such as Frogs, Scorpions, Flames, Racing Logos, Skulls, Hearts, Fairies, Dragons, Swap-Meet stuff, 150 funny Stick People, Wings, Turtles. Tribal art, Kanji, Flowers, Animals, Butterflies, etc etc etc etc

This Horse job paid for the entire 10-discs.

post-21408-0-16118500-1340331887.jpg

I don't want to appear as if I'm advertising for a particular product or company, and I apologize if that's the way it came out here.

My excitement at being able to obtain such a wide-ranging selection just spilled-over into these Forums, as I wanted to let others know of them too, figuring many people would appreciate owning a fantastic clipart set for themselves.

For the record, USCUTTER supplies a terrific assortment of clipart as well, and certainly all users of vinyl cutters will benefit from having sets of cut-ready vector graphics, because after all, we love adding SNAP CRACKLE AND POP to our work.

http://www.uscutter.com/Vector-Clipart-58

@ slice&dice- I have been looking at that group of clip art and wondered if it was worth the money. How are all the graphics in the collection? Would you recommend it.

cowboy, not to beat a dead horse (pun intended) but take a look at another thread in which this very subject was discussed over the past few days --

The bottom line is this:

You're going to get nearly 40,000 items, and among them will be useless things, and weird things, and excellent things, and practical things, and Frogs.

As I noted, the auction ended with my bid of around $50. being the highest.

WIthin two days of getting the entire set, I had this job which easily utilized one of the horse graphics.

Will you ever have a need for a Dragon? A Fairy? A Shark? A Skull? A Butterfly?

Only you can answer that, based on your customers' needs.

Having these graphics certainly will provide an added dimension to your designs, and that's always a good thing.

I dunno what auctions you guys are watching, but this is the actual collection I'm referring to, there are 22 hours left to bid, and the price right now is 1-cent. (No reserve)

http://www.ebay.com/...R-/330754069078

As I indicated, when I got into one of their auctions a few weeks back, it ended around $50 and I was top bidder.

If you just want to pay right away and not get involved with bidding, the same set is BIN $99.

I was tempted to do that (after being outbid in four previous auctions, being sniped by a buck or two) but I finally won these discs by being persistent.

Anyway, good luck and have fun.

(Oh yeah, I should mention that today a client came in and wanted menu signs for a Food Truck, and right next to the selection for "Hot Sandwiches" some FLAMES burst forth from my new DVD)

k-flames-clipart.2.gif

It's not the mega pack but the "Largest" that has all 97 collections of his artwork.

That's the one I got for $150.