Sign in to follow this  
CADILLAC MAC

Need help with this multi color logo please

Hey friends, hope every one is well. i am doing some window decals for a friend, and i have her logo, but i can not figure out how to get it to cut all the colors, im use to always "expand"ing but i dont know what to do when i didnt design the logo. im cutting it in sign blazer also. anyhelp would be greatly appriciated. thanx agin

post-3694-0-94465400-1340156249.jpg

What format do you have the file in? If it is cut ready SignBlazer should allow you to cut each color individually as long as you don't have the send all at once selected...( I forget the exact term but it's something like that.) I guess the main point is what format do you have it in and if you need to either vectorize it or re create it or not.

i have it in .psd .jpg and i can pretty much save the file to anything cuz i have the adobe master suite. so i can open it and save it to what ever it needs to be. but when i monochrome it, all the color turns white... and the green in the leaves on the trees is just all white...

You have to trace or vectorize it. Monochrom is one color. You cant cut a picture file

If I was home I could recreate it for you. It would be very simple. Just have to figure out the font.

You should download inkscape or you might have adobe illustrator in your master suite. Those are both excellent programs for editing. It's critical to learn some type of software. Signblazer is mostly a cutting program. I find it very limited in the editing department. Others may disagree.

Then you probably have the best editing program you can get. You should learn how to use it. You'll be very happy.

Youtube videos how to trace and vectorize with illustrator.... I am not real familiar with that software so I can't walk you through the steps. Even in doing this you are going to want to find those fonts to recreate that part of it. The tree will be a good simple trace but it is very rarely efficient to trace text.