sluggo2u

My first full stripe package

I'm new to cutting.

I've been using Photoshop and Illustrator for a number of years but am completely self taught. Still have plenty to learn.

I've made some stripes before for some of my other cars and sent them out to be cut.

The stripe package is based on a 1970 Twister Mustang. My car is a 69.

The stripe width was just estimated and I moved and changed some of the logos to locations I thought made more sense.

The idea was to capture the feel of that stripe package yet make it unmistakably different from the original.

I operate a Mustang forum and one of my members dubbed the car "twistedbossmach" jokingly because I used elements I liked from a 69 Boss 302, the Grabber Orange color from a Twister and the car is a real Mach 1. The name stuck. I've had this idea floating around in my head since I painted the car 4 years ago.

The great thing bout having my own cutter now is that I can change things on the fly if I don't like them. Not sure I'm going to keep the Cobra Jet logo and lettering on the front fender.

Enough blabbing, here's a few pics.

post-25198-0-43311800-1340075849.jpg

post-25198-0-17589200-1340075850.jpg

post-25198-0-26316000-1340075852.jpg

• Like 4

Nice car. One of my all time favorites. Stripes look fantastic.

those came put factory perfect, great job

thats nuts - love everything about it!!

what kind of vinyl did you use?

Thanks everyone!

Believe it or not it's Greenstar intermediate matte black.It looks quite comparable to the 3M I had on it as far as color and sheen. The car does not get out as often as I'd like so I'm sure it will last about twenty years. This is the third set of stripes in four years, I'm sure it will outlast my attention span.

one of the most beautiful of the old mustangs I have ever seen was a 68 california special - was fords take on the shelby at a cheaper price - he painted it in a yellow that had a florecent green hint in the bright sun.   Love the new Rouch stangs though

Ok truth is this is my first Love! Awesome car awesome paint awesome stripes not so sure about the cobra jet sticker but I absolutely love the twisted 69 sticker! Great job

Ok truth is this is my first Love! Awesome car awesome paint awesome stripes not so sure about the cobra jet sticker but I absolutely love the twisted 69 sticker! Great job

Been pretty busy with life and work. That first version of the cobra jet never did much for me. I've changed it since.

All the comments are greatly appreciated!

twist0001.jpg

Very Nice

hope to get mine out this year

65? I like it. Need to see more of it. Are you on any Mustang forums?

65? I like it. Need to see more of it. Are you on any Mustang forums?

used to be heavily into the circuit but never the forums - just retired from the prison this year so it will see the light of day for the first time in 5 years this year - probably won't hit the circuit again much till next year as we have a graduation, cruise, party this summer - I do love the color of yours and the graphics.  at one time my father and I had 6 mustangs - now I only have the 65 2+2 with 30k miles and he has a 66 gt convertable imported from california.  after 5 years I am sure I will be rebuilding the carb again as everything dries out if not run every other year

HEY I WAS WONDERING WHAT PROGRAM DID YOU USE TO MAKE THEM OR HOW DID YOU MAKE THEM? I WANT TO DO SOME STRIPES ON MY CAR.