FullCoverage

Another New SC Guy

Just ordered my SC today with basic starter stuff.

I work for a small roofing contractor in Marin County, CA and we wanted to make yard signs for jobs we are on, put lettering on our cars and trucks, and redo saftey signage on our equipment.

I redesigned the company logo to make this project easier on myself.

I also got the Clamshell 15x15 heat press to make company shirts, since the workers tend to trash them after a month or so.

Hope this is fun, otherwise its going to suck making all these signs.

Any Interest in an unboxing/setup to first sucessful sign videos? I've never tried making signs before so it could be interesting.

post-25415-0-37502900-1340046244.gif

Howdy.

The safety decals probably will be worthwhile to do with 3M reflective vinyl.

Just be aware that it's much thicker than regular vinyl, and you'll have to adjust the pressure and/or the blade depth.

18959_1187871i.jpg

A few quick suggestions ----

1. Retain the box(es), they come in handy to place under the cutter as catch-baskets for your vinyl to keep it from rolling out onto the floor.

2. Magnetic screwdriver is vital for stand assembly. If you haven't yet watched an SC cutter-stand instructional video, worthwhile to do so.

3. Ground the cutter to the stand. (Grounding post is on the bottom of cutter, marked as such, and you need to provide a wire to attach to the stand)

4. Are you going to be using SignBlazer? If so, this SC cutter is listed as LiYu.

Thanks for the tips Slice&Dice

1. Will Do

2. Watched the video on start.uscutter.com along with other videos. The stand seems a little wobbly in the videos when cutting, idk if this is typical or should they be more rigid?

3. I won't skip that step, promise :)

4. I installed sign blazer y'day but skipped the selection of cutter, i'll change it.

BTW, this is a great forum. I also chatted up a local cutter about getting started and he was pretty helpful. I guess it says a lot about the community here and IRL.