Sign in to follow this  
vinylcutter

MH871 MK2 blade arm not lifting/lowering (but there's more...!)

Hi readers, I am the owner of a BRAND NEW MH871 Mk2, bought sometime earlier this month.

The unit has been grounded to the stand (one end of the ground wire to a black screw underneath the cutter unit, and the other to the silver bolts holding the roll bracket on the stand). The unit is plugged to the wall with 3 prong plugs.

The computer connection is USB, and the operating system is Windows 7 64bit.

The blade and its holder have all been assembled correctly, following numerous pictures found in instruction manuals and online.

However, this is not a software/data transfer issue, the blade wont even lift or lower when using the onboard test cut function. It just makes the shape of the cut flying very high above the surface of the vinyl.

BUT; if I set the cutting pressure to 440g (instead of factory 100g), the blade will automatically drop when I do the test cut, but it still lightly scores the surface of my vinyl. When it is done cutting, the blade arm does not pop back up.

I have also tried the 9-volt battery test. Using a multimeter on the contacts, the circuit is shown to be continuous.

When connecting the NEW, FULL 9V battery to the contacts on the carriage assembly, the arm doesnt go up or down. Instead, it makes a soft staticky, intermittent buzzing noise:

Bzz-z - - - bz - - bz-z-z, etc

I've already sent in a ticket to that support webpage on Thursday afternoon and I'm still waiting on a response (I am aware its the weekend though).

To complicate matters further, this cutter was purchased from UScutter's eBay store, so I dont know if that order number is valid in the ticket form. So hopefully a tech can step in here if thats a problem?

Thanks in advance.

:mellow: very bad to hear that, our plotter have no such problem yet, maybe some suggestions can help you.

please first, check whether the blade is installed properly.

then, debugging the software, including the data.... Hope you can debug it patiently before the engineers reply to you.