NictimInvestmentGroup

Looking to upgrade my MH Series 871... thoughts?

Okay, so I bought a MH Series 871 Cutter a few months back, and it's been working great up until now. Going into this I had absolutley NO idea how to cut vinyl, transfer, etc. I have learned A LOT. We have used this thing for all sorts of Car Decals and Misc. Signage. Just today the cutter stopped working. It will not power up. I am looking into the problem and possible resolutions, however I am thinking it may be time for an upgrade anyways. I would like to be able to make multicolor vinyls to stick on our vehicles and signage, as well as create our own T-Shirts. Naturally I am completely unknowledgable as to how to do either of these. I figured I would post on here and get some opinions before trying to figure it all out by myself again.

Now here is my question: Which vinyl cutter should we look at when trying to make a Decal identical to this. post-25399-0-56111500-1339868223.jpg

Also, what is the cheapest method of putting that same logo on a T-Shirt?

We are looking to do this for our own company needs, no so much mass producing or anything. So we don't necessarily need a huge workhorse. Any input is greatly appreciated, be gentle.

What you want now is a PRINTER.

Not another vinyl cutter.

When you say you're trying return your machine to life by looking into the problem and possible resolutions, I assume that includes talking to the US CUTTER support staff?

$80 and you've got a new motherboard.

They do fail now & then (especially if your cutter isn't grounded to the stand)

Well for making the multicolored vinyl letters you will need to get a printer they run about 9,000$ for a cheap used one. :( the plotter has a fuse did you look at it? and i have read about it being a power supply issue. that is a easy fix. as for doing these on shirts you can get a large format printer and print it to t shirt vinyl and apply that way. the printers for that run in the 400 range new, but you will still need a plotter with a laser to align the marks to cut it out.

If it were me i would have one of the fine people on this site print you some multicolored vinyl and cut decals out of that. I love to multilayer but that would be a nightmare. now you could look into screen printing it on the shirts. but that is a lot of work, or they have DTG printers there was one here on the forums somewhere for 6000 and it prints the shirt as a paper printer does.

Yes I am going to open it up tomorrow and test the power supply and everything. If I can't figure it out I will be getting in touch with US Cutter about replacing whatever is causing the issue.

It sounds like there's no cheap way of making our own shirts so we will just continue to search for a cheap supplier.

Thanks for the input!

well if you redesigned you logo with a few less colors i bet you could cut it from easyweed and do it in layers. it is about 48.00$ a roll but it makes a ton of shirts. and if in a pinch you can use a iron to apply or even get the plans to make a press out of a griddle like on YouTube. or i am sure there is someone on here that would print and cut them for you to apply.