Sign in to follow this  
spdorsey

New to US Cutter & SignCutPro. Sending from Illustrator, I get a beachball. Any ideas?

Hello

I followed the tutorial here:

When I send fron Illustrator, the SignCut app launches just fine. If I try to send to the MH-721, the app beachballs (goes into a holding pattern with beach ball cursor) and I have to force quit it.

This is as far as I have been able to get with the software. the machine performs its test just fine, and the baud rates are matched on the machine as well as the software (9600). The machine is plugged into my Mac Pro through a keyspan serial adapter into the front USB port.

I am running Mac OS 10.7.4 with 24GB RAM and using Illustrator CS6. I have the serial drivers installed per the US Cutter starting help page.

http://start.uscutter.com/

Thanks

Has the new Signcut been released that has a plugin suitable for Illustrator CS6? As of May12,2012,, the new software has not been finalized yet.

SignCut Productivity Pro 1.95 pdf_button.png emailButton.png Written by Administrator Monday, 14 May 2012 07:59

As we're working hard to finalize and launch our next version of our software series SignCut Productivity Pro, version 2, we've also put together the final release in the current version of SignCut Productivity Pro. What we mean by saying 'final release' is that no new features will be added and the only development that may be done on this release in the future will be bug fixes. For those of you who have experienced any issues with our software, we hope this release addresses those issues. What's been fixed in this version is:

• Updated all existing plugins
  • Added plugin for CorelDRAW X6 (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Added plugin for Adobe Illustrator CS6 (32-bit only)
  • Sorting is active by default
  • SAGA drivers are updated and verified
  • Teneth drivers added

In the export plugins section, I only see up to Illustrator CS5.

• USCutter drivers have been updated
  • False positives in Antivirus-software has been fixed
  • Text-tool updated
  • Memory pool deallocation problem fixed
  • Serial port sometimes clashing with adapters fixed
  • Many more minor bugfixes ...

You can download this release by clicking Help and then Check For Updates in SignCut Productivity Pro, or go to the downloads section on this site and get the latest version of SignCut Productivity Pro.

This happens regardless of whether I send the artwork (a simple outline) from Illustrator, or if I open an EPS file directly in SignCut. Every time I send the art to be cut, the app beachballs and I have to force quit.

This happens regardless of whether I send the artwork (a simple outline) from Illustrator, or if I open an EPS file directly in SignCut. Every time I send the art to be cut, the app beachballs and I have to force quit.

Have you checked with Signcuts support?

They are not open yet. I submitted a support request with this exact original post text. I'm hoping they answer.

I run a very clean system, I don't know of anything that would interfere with the serial connection or software.

Done, thanks.

SignCut is ignoring my request for assistance. Their chat was open, but they never replied, and they sent back a templatized email telling me to upgrade my drivers and app (both are new installs and current).

I'm not impressed with SignCut's dedication to their customers at this point.