Hi guys another Newbie question. My cutter is cutting deeper in some parts then perfect in others and in one place does not touch the vinyl hardly at all. Am i right in thinking its the cutting strip that needs replacing ? Its a pcut ct630.

Thanks

Bry

I bought my Graphtec used and right from the get go it was doing the same thing as yours. I went and bought a new CleanCut blade and it fixed the problem. After seeing how the new blade cut I could see how dull the old one was. Not sure if that's your problem too but for $17 it wouldn't hurt to try plus at worst you have a spare blade that you'll use soon enough.

Did you take a close look at your cutting strip? you should be able to see if there are any deep gouges or grooves. Also make sure it is level all the way across.

ye got a new blade but still doing it. I think the cutting strip feels a bit bumpy tbh

good luck finding a cutting strip for it... they haven't had them in stock for a VERY long time. It has been suggested to put a piece of reflective tape over the cutting strip, after getting the burrs removed from it.

Reflective might be better to use :)

Hey Skeeter , I knew what you meant , but had to have a little fun . THANKS to you for all the unselfish time you take to help people !!! If I had $1 for every time you typed how to hand adjust blade depth , i could retire :)

Yes i have noticed he always helps everyone out :thumbsup:

Where can i get the reflective tape from ?

a search on the big auction site should do it, Or try your local auto parts store. Truck stops. a simple search on the net should bring up tons of places..

Yes i have noticed he always helps everyone out :thumbsup:

Where can i get the reflective tape from ?

:) , I have typed this more than once ...... Skeeter is a gal

Don't feel bad - I made the same mistake. If she would change her avatar to reflect this instead of using the default avatar of a male silhouette, I am sure it would help.

As for your cutting strip, if it is not real bad you can try to sand it down a little just enough to remove any gouges, but try to keep it as level and even as possible.

do they just lay back into the slot or need sticking down ?

Thanks for a the hep guys and gals of course ;D

just ordered a new strip. Any tricks to fitting em or is it just pop it in the grove ?