SurberSigns

purchased my screen printing equipment

i found a lady and her husband selling their screen press equipment.... i got everything for $450.... pictured below.

it is the semi-pro model press on ryonet for $999.99..

4/1 press, flash dryer, the screen exposure stand, 4 or 5 squeegees, white ink, palet paper, emulsion scoop cover, 10 wood frames, 3 different size platens..

does anybody know where i should get the ink and chemicals?? i really need someone to help me get started... ( or recommend where to buy my inks)

here are pictures below...

s5v8t4.jpg

2sb350l.jpg

1zmyvte.jpg

but how do i know what all to buy...? based on my picture like what i need? i dont have a printer to print the negatives and stuff.. can u do it with hp officejet j4680?

where do i buy my ink from??

There are tons of how to's out there. My buddy used his laser printer to print the image. I don't think that part matters, just gotta make sure you have the right setup to burn the image into the screen.

but how do i know what all to buy...? based on my picture like what i need? i dont have a printer to print the negatives and stuff.. can u do it with hp officejet j4680?

where do i buy my ink from??

to make the screens you need to get emultion and a regular printer will work great that site i linked above has vids to help you along and tons of info on youtube.

I get all my screen printing stuff from Ryonet (silkscreeningsupplies.com) - I bought my whole screen printing setup from them. Would love to chat with you and tell you what I got to get started if you want... you can call me tomorrow at my shop after 11 a.m.PST at 253-862-5694.... I use IC inks for light colored garments, RyOpaque inks for dark colored garments (both from Ryonet). Guess it depends on where you're located for where you buy your stuff - I live near Tacoma, WA and Ryonet's main outlet is down by Portland, OR so it's pretty quick and cheap for me. But anyway, call me tomorrow if you want more info on Ryonet... ^-^

Pat Brooks

I use vinyl on glass for simple spot color image positives. The vinyl is super opaque. I have a laser printer and used to print positives on transparencies, but I had to double them and I still had lots of trouble getting a dense enough black. If you already have a vinyl cutter you might be able to utilize it for some of your films. Heck, some people apply the vinyl directly to the screen and print small runs like that. I've done it, but after a day or so the plastisol ink will eat the stencil. 

• Like 1