Sign in to follow this  
rharmon12

Graphtec 5000-60 mark error cancel message

I just got the cutter, and I have corel draw and cutting master 2 loaded. I can send the image to the cutter, but a message comes up that says load media into cutter and position the head over the first mark located at the bottom right corner. I am not really sure what mark it wants me to locate, but I press enter. The cutter starts looking for the mark and then the cutter sends a message mark error cancel. Please help!!!

I had the exact same issue - the plotter is currently set to HPGL and you need to change it to GPGL. I don't remember the exact keystrokes, but it starts with pressing Pause on the plotter, then using Next to cycle through the menu options until COMMAND is displayed, then press Enter and use the Up or Down keys to select GPGL and press Enter again. You shouldn't need to change the STEP SIZE which is the follow up option when changing to GPGL. Once done, press Pause again and you should <knock on wood> be good to go.

While you're in the Options screen, hunt down the ROTATE option and make sure it is set to OFF. Mine got flipped to ON and then instead of trying to cut a 3' long item that is 24" wide, it tries to cut a 3' wide item on your 24" wide vinyl... I wasted at least 8 yards of cheap vinyl before getting that figured out with help on these forums...