Dr12volt1338

Land Blueprint Software.

I am looking for a cheap or free program to lay out my property so I can set up my irrigation system... I measure it all out with a wheel and drew a very rough sketch but want it layed out on paper to scale. I would like to be able print a grid with each square representing "X" amount of feet. I have a few out buildings and all that need to be incorporated. I tried using my FlexiSign but can't find a way to easily run a line with the measurement short of drawing a line and punching in the text.... I found a trial version of Smart Draw but I can't get the text for the measurements large enough to actually read them... Anyone have any experience with anything like this???

• Like 1

Have you tried Google SketchUp? I've heard it's user friendly but haven't tried it yet.

I used to have customers come in with lots of different free cad program files that I'd import into AutoCad. I can't remember many of the names but I know there are a lot out there and many are free, mini versions. Here are some of the names I do remember Powercad, Incad, TurboCad, VersaCad, etc. There are a few a free civil drawing programs out there too, I don't remember those though.

I'd also check download.com/cnet.com and search civil drawing software.

Hope that helps

I tried a few of those but ended up just messing with Smart Draw all night and learning enough of that to get by. I am sure there are better programs but for what I was doing I learned enough to get the job done.... THANKS