Hi guys well i have a ct630 and for some reason when ii connect it to my laptop it keeps saying usb device not recognised or has malfunctioned code 42. I have down loaded the drivers from the site and they say they are installed :huh: I am running windows 7 hp x 64

please help guys as my old ct1200 worked fin off this laptop

thanks

Delete the driver.. Restart computer. reinstall the driver and try again... make sure it is reading the right driver from the location you installed it to.

• Like 1

right did that and got it all installed com 2. It cut a decal last night fine. I have just gone back to it and the com 2 came up in sign blazer ect but when i send it a job it just says sending and the cutter does not respond at all. Any help is much appreciated :wacko:

By any chance, are you unplugging and plugging the cutter back in to computer when your done? When you are doing that, you are most likely assigning a new com port number. Go into your device manager and see if the com port number still matches in Signblazer. as device manager. If your going to plug in your vinyl cutter, do it with the computer off.

i am :thumbsup: i have checked in device manager and it still says com 2 as i always use the same usb port. Its knowing the cutter is there as it sends the job instead of the cutter is not initialised message :blink:

Make sure the software has the same com # assigned .

cable good ?

tried 3 like i said its strange as it cut a decal last night. All i have done is unplug my laptop. All the ports seem the same thou.

It could be that windows, not the software has assigned a different com number to that device. Try a different USB port to force this to happen- then try again....

I keep my CR630 on com port 6, even when I unplugged it and plugged as needed I'd never lose that port to something like my printer. I also solved an infrequent pCut-fart issue I was having for the first year.

I switched to serial by adding the Keyspan device and that helppped a lot especially on locaton of com port and speed of load to cutter