DecalOriented

Runaround with getting refund

I recently had to buy another cutter to replace my SC that crashed. Had a multitude of problems with it since I opened the box on the first day.

After calling CS several times before it met it's demise I was routinely told that the unit was fine and teh problem was on my end.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. After my machine finally gave up the ghost on a friday evening I had to wait until monday to get it taken care of. When I finally got a service rep on the phone he was quite helpful and stated that even though I was outside of my warranty period (eBay sale) he saw that I had issues with this from the beginning which were indicative of a mother board failure which finally culminated with the unit stopping. Said that due to my history of issues he would honor the warranty and get me taken care of. Now the only way for me to receive my new unit fast was to buy another and I would get a refund when they were able to track the shipment. Unit was shipped out on 5/30 and received on 6/6. I had called last week wondering about my refund and was promptly told that the unit would have to be inspected before a refund could be issued. Really? As if I have nothing better to do than stop working and ship my unit out for no reason at all. Hopefully someone from USC sees this and quickly jumps on the matter to fix this. Being a small operation I simply cannot afford to have any missing funds from my working cap.

My guess would be they just have to verify none of the "service seals" were broken to verify no parts had been swapped. Uscutter is a very reputable company and haven't gotten to where they are by not supporting what they sell and what they commit to. You would be hard pressed to find a company that would issue a refund without verifying they aren't being "had" by someone trying to get replacement parts for free.......

• Like 1

Finally made contact with someone who gave me a straight answer. So it looks like I'll finally be getting my refund and all is right with the world for now.

BTW, the new machine is running flawless and with the updated sign cut driver I went from 25-30% scrap ratio down to zero. I've been checking for an update every couple of days and finally it happened. Now If I could just get my serial/usb connector to work with Win7 that would be great.

Every different size of business gets to learn the positives & negatives that comes with that size business IMO . A buddies step-dad bought an expensive TV from Wal-Mart ... put a cinder block back in the box & took it back to Wal-Mart . He reamed everybody out acting like that was what he opened the box up to . They gave him another new in the box TV . He then bragged about it to many people . I hope Karma comes home to people like him . I can't fault any company for waiting to see what was returned & what condition . That way they are not distrusting anybody , just conducting business as it should be conducted IMO . USCutter already honored the problem since it was ongoing ... so if that was me . i would have been appreciative instead of complaining on the forum they pay for .

• Like 1

Is this not though the criticism subsection. I get what you're saying and its a shame that people would attempt to do such a thing. I guess I could have approached it in a better manner but what's done is done. Now I have to sit back and wait for my refund I guess. In the future, if I have an issue I'll try to pm someone from USC themselves in an effort to resolve the issue.

Now to learn who is who around here.

I am not crit·i·ciz·ing :) , just giving my perspective & experience . I can imagine the experiences of running a business the size of USCutter .

Is this not though the criticism subsection. I get what you're saying and its a shame that people would attempt to do such a thing. I guess I could have approached it in a better manner but what's done is done. Now I have to sit back and wait for my refund I guess. In the future, if I have an issue I'll try to pm someone from USC themselves in an effort to resolve the issue.

Now to learn who is who around here.

In future, best to PM me. Nobody from USC Monitors the forums on a regular basis but when I call something to their attention, they are usually right on it.