Sign in to follow this  
chitown joe

mh721 wave cuts, carriage motor loud and sticking

i purchased a new mh721-mk2 back in early may,

it worked fine for about 30 3"- 10" cuts nothing bigger then that,

the machine was off for a week, i came back to it and went to cut a 5" logo and the cuts where everywhere wave, sharp and rounded waves,i figured maybe something was stuck on vinyl sheeting, or the roller?, nothing i double checked the image file to make sure it was a image issue, image is perfect,

i contacted uscutter, was with mike n. we trouble shooted it for about 3hrs, and in the end we decided on a new replacement,

now last week i got the new one june 7,

before i even hook up tp my computer i ran a test cut, would you know the same thing wave cuts, i call uscutter right away talked with mike n. again, we trouble shooted it again we got it to cut semi decent, i had the machine off friday june 8, turned it back on sat. jun 9, and it made this sounds like goose yell, i turned it off checked for anything nothing turned it back on it ran it's reset cycle then, i went to test print and it sounded loud the carriage was not moving but was shaking making all the noise,

so i deceided to check the belt tension and even though it seemed right idecided to loosen a bit, no change to the noise, tightened no change again,

so i disengaged the belt from the carrier and the motor,i ran a test the motor was making all this noise still, it ade the loud goose noise, then it would make a very low noise like i thought the motor should sound like but the actual motor was not moving in eithercase just making noises,

now i havent even got this machine fine tuned yet and it has all these issues,

i have tried using the pen plotter and vinyl and the results are the same machine just does not work right.

now heres a break down of what i'm using it on and what type of material

my pc is vista ultimate based dual core from 2007 2g ram,

connected to usb port

using the uscutter brands of vinyl you get in the 12" x 12" mix pack on amazon

so has anyone had these issues?

i'll be calling mike back tomorrow and see whats our solutions?

i am now thinking of getting the sc model instead, because the mh series seem to be nothing but trouble,

i told mike that carriage sounded like it was just getting stuck and he said that thats the sound it should have, but on the first model i had it did not make that noise,

so im guessing they would want to send parts to fix it, but on the same note i would like my wasted vinyl to replaced

any input would be appreciated

thanks

joe

figured that would be my next solution, to switch up to another model,

it just seems like these machines are really cheaply made, i know its not a high end machine but for what i want it for hobby, i figured it could handle some odd jobs and cuts every so often,

but i have wasted more in material then what i have actually cut,everytime i thinks its good to go, it starts miscutting, getting stuck or making all kinds of noises .

ill see what mike says i think he should upgrade me to the sc model t no charge, since i have wasted so much material and some at even his request to cut vinyl and see how it cuts,

push comes to shove i take a refund and go else where for a better cutter

Just curious if you ever fixed your machine? What the resolution ended up being. I am having a similar problem. My carriage won't got left or right unless you give it a little nudge. I've had mine for 5 days and 5 days have wasted trying to get this thing to work. I'm ready to send it back to them.

Just curious if you ever fixed your machine? What the resolution ended up being. I am having a similar problem. My carriage won't got left or right unless you give it a little nudge. I've had mine for 5 days and 5 days have wasted trying to get this thing to work. I'm ready to send it back to them.

Have you made sure the white wheels on carriage head are firmly in the rail? Made sure belt is tight?