slice&dice

Satin-finish MaxMetal, really beautiful to work with

I brought in a 4x8 sheet of the new satin-finish MaxMetal (Black/White) and have been waiting for a customer to walk in and order a job that can utilize it. Today I had such a client, and she wanted work-site signs (2'x3') so I sliced up the maxmetal and created her signs, with one side black, the other white.

The satin surface lets the vinyl just flow onto it, no bubbles, no need for wet application.

Gold vinyl on this just is outstanding, really classy.

The only minor complaint I have is the black material tends to get fingerprints on it that show up, but those are easily removed with a spray of multi-purpose cleaner once everything is all done.

post-21408-0-17244700-1339209985.jpg

post-21408-0-92904700-1339210372.jpg

It's probably just the lighting in the pics, but it looks like the silver text in the upper right loses some of it's "pop" against the white background...

I like how you separated the phone numbers with a little house shape - that's a nice touch!

You know what, OWJones, great minds think alike !!!

Yes, in fact, after this photo was taken I did change the MHIC number to a medium gray which doesn't 'vanish' in the daylight.

The little house, by the way, is right there inside my sign-making program (SignBlazer) -- I love using the SB Library of cut-ready clipart, it is what I call my "idea factory" and there's lots of practical graphic elements in there to spice-up many jobs.

That looks like a pretty sweet material to work, especially if the white is so bright it drowns out a metallic silver - just means it's going to have great contrast against all your darker colors.

That may just be a symbol that came free with your software, but it was the foresight to use it in that way that makes it impressive. Most people would use white space or maybe a big / mark to separate two phone numbers, but you found a flourish that was highly appropriate for a builder and not intrusive yet still shows that it is two distinct phone #.

I would never have thought to do that - I will now that I've been seen it and learned from your idea, though...

just a little constructive criticism... I would have done the phone numbers in gold... or maybe would have made the rest of the detail text less bold. My eyes tend to get lost when looking at the numbers.

Regardless... it looks great!

AAndrews, I agree, the use of gold for the phone #'s would have set them off.

Honestly, I am not a graphics guy, and when I whip together signs I try for the most simple way to cut and then drop onto the substrate. Putting all the text on the bottom part of this sign together as one 'block' was the easiest route. (The LAZY MAN'S method, to be sure).

For the record, this finished sign slides into a standard h-Frame (I buy them for $15 from my local distributor)

yardsignshframe18hx24wnorider-layers.png

|

|

|

|

krikster, as my signature indicates, I am using a USCutter "SC" machine (34" wide).

All my design work is accomplished with SignBlazer Elements.

Onwards and upwards.......