slice&dice

Insta-Banners are pretty cool, easy to work with

OK, here's the rundown on the USCutter promotional Banner Variety Pack Starter Kit that is offered along with any cutting unit at time of purchase (6 rolls 24" x 5 yards for $129.99) -------

When the box arrived, it contained specialized material that is very clever, all you have to do is cut it, weed it, and the banner is done. The material itself IS THE BANNER.

For instance, using the Red/Yellow combination, you can either have a red background banner with yellow text by weeding out the cut letters; or obtain a yellow background banner with red text, by weeding away the red covering vinyl and leaving the (red) cut letters behind.

The backing of the Insta-Banner is a thin sheet of polypropylene, which is sufficiently strong to be a banner. In other words, instead of paper backing that you peel away, the backing remains as an integral component.

Anyway, I just competed my first job using this stuff, and the client loved it.

• Like 1

That is cool & I look forward to trying that . .. Is that retail or wholesale ?? :lol: :laugh: :lol:

• Like 2

Hmmmmmmm, you will have to be a bit of a detective to find this material listed on USCUTTER website!!!

Typing in "instabanner" produces no results with the search function, but looking around in Banner Material (rolls) you see a thing called GreenStar Two-Color.

There's a video there, showing how it works.

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/1602/category_id/27/product_name/GreenStar+Two+Color+Vinyl+Banner%2C+24%22+x+25+Yard+Roll

Lots of pretty color combinations!!!

• Like 1

Did you punch holes and add grommets? If not, how did you hang it? I got the impression it was pretty thin material and I wasn't sure how you would go about stringing it up...

Did you punch holes and add grommets? If not, how did you hang it? I got the impression it was pretty thin material and I wasn't sure how you would go about stringing it up...

Yes, it is extremely thin, but very strong.

Grommets are one way to do it.

Banner clips would also work, or BannerMates or Banner tabs (plastic)

http://www.hangups.com/BannerMates.html

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmm, you will have to be a bit of a detective to find this material listed on USCUTTER website!!!

Typing in "instabanner" produces no results with the search function, but looking around in Banner Material (rolls) you see a thing called GreenStar Two-Color.

There's a video there, showing how it works.

http://www.uscutter....+x+25+Yard+Roll

Lots of pretty color combinations!!!

Yes, it is hard to find on the website but if you google it, it comes right up! LOL Where's that webmaster? LOL

My questions is, what keeps, say, the centers of letters or the edges from getting peeled up when the material "weeds" away so easily???

My questions is, what keeps, say, the centers of letters or the edges from getting peeled up when the material "weeds" away so easily???

Ahhhh, well, my friend THAT is the secret of this stuff.

It's like MAGIC, and I have no idea how they managed to create something like this, that weeds effortlessly, but doesn't peel away from the backing by itself.

You have to see it to believe it, and once you try it, you'll be slapping your forehead "Wow, how simple, why didn't anyone think of this before?"

I did another one today for a graduation party, and the customer handed me $40 and said -- "Awesome job"

(the entire graphic for this banner actually was on a special CD that GreenStar puts into in the sample kit, filled with cutter-ready example artwork for banners, all I did was load it into SignBlazer, and hit CUT)

• Like 1

I just bought some of the instabanner a couple of weeks ago. It really is easy to weed and the remaining vinyl sticks well to the backing. The backing is thin, but I was able to grommet it and hang it from the ceiling. I didn't even have to adjust the blade pressure on my cutter (i normally cut oracal 651 on a 24" TS series cutter). I won't recommend hanging one outside in any kind of wind, but for inside use, this is the way to go.