SurberSigns

just got a job :)

my dad knew a guy who owns a local sign company in town and i called and went down there and talked to them ect and found out i just got a job :)

cutting vinyl and doing digital printing for signs, screen printing and much more... $8.75 an hour and full-time.... 40-55 hours a week....

never thought this would happen :))

Congrats. Sounds like fun getting paid to do something you like.

• Like 1

yeah . this will also give me LOTS of inside and out about the job.... so years down i will hopefully become successful with my own business doing this.

• Like 2

I wish I was able to do the same thing. Been unsuccessful so far :

Go for it, Flaboy.

From your posting history here, and seeing how you are already doing vinyl work from your home, I would offer some friendly advice ----- be up-front with your new employer, and have a written understanding with him about what types of jobs you can continue to solicit and produce after-hours, that won't be seen as a "conflict of interest" with the shop.

It is not uncommon for sign stores to ask employees to sign a "Non-Compete" agreement which prohibits you from offering anything related to signage or vinyl cutting outside of the workplace, and also will restrict you from opening your own place for several years if you cease to work there.

omgggg a horse trailer came in today i had to remove the old vinyl from each side..... took 8 hours to get almost all of it off... gotta go into work early tomorrow to finish.

they used cheapppp vinyl before who ever had it done... left behind so much icky glue