OWJones

New Graphtec with Corel X3 and Cutting Master 2 - everything rotated 90 degrees from preview...

So I'm trying to knock out around 50 3-color layered vinyl decals, which shouldn't be an issue, but for some reason my brand new Graphtec and I are not seeing eye to eye.

I'm using Corel Draw X3 with the Cutting Master 2 plug-in and trying to cut a decal that is about 6"x7" and make several at the same time. I have the Media Size set to User Defined and 24" wide x 120" and I've cranked up the Copies number to 50. It shows that it's going to feed the vinyl and cut copies like this (where 1, 2 and 3 are all the same thing)

1 2 3

1 2 3

1 2 3

1 2 3

1 2 3

and so on for a total of 50 copies. Instead, when I hit send, it seems to think that everything should be rotated by 90 degrees and starts cutting

1 1 1

2 2 2

3 3 3

4 4 4

and when it gets to 4 it freaks out because it's going off the edge of the vinyl. I'm not sure if that is describing it correctly, but what is coming out of the plotter is 90 degrees rotated from what the preview is showing in Cutting Master - and I don't mean just the decal itself is turned 90 degrees, but the number of rows and columns is also rotated and so it's trying to cut 120" wide on a 24" cutter.

Is there some obvious (to everyone but me) check box or button I need to press to make the preview match what is really coming out of the plotter?

I tried cutting a single row of 3, which should have used about 7" of 24" wide vinyl - instead it decided to rotate everything and cut them one above the other and ended up using 24" of 24" wide vinyl - the right 60% of which was never used.

I didn't have a lot of hair when I started this project, so I can't afford to keep pulling it out!

Any help is appreciated!

Why are you setting the vinyl size instead of letting the plotter measure the width. 24 in vinyl never yields 24 inches, it will be 22 something. Click the question mark and the exact cutting size will be entered. Make sure the rotate command is not set to on. Also you can change the orientation buy clicking on the figures to the left.

Mark

• Like 1

Ok, when I click the question mark button, it changes the dimensions to 197" x 22.15" and now shows a 197" wide strip of vinyl.

Where is this "rotate" command located so I can disable it?

I found a Rotate option in the Graphtec settings, is that the one you were referring to? It was set to On, I'll try turning it off and see what happens...

Yay! Markwq saved my sanity and what was left of my hair! Somehow the Rotate function got turned on in the plotter. No idea how because I've tried to avoid pushing buttons on the plotter in the <72 hours it's been out of the box and working...

Thanks, Markwq, you're my hero!

If you use robomaster that is most likely the culprit. I went through the same thing myself last week and it got me very stressed out. Now that I know what to look for its not as bad. I still don't like a program toggeling my settings and not putting them back. Graphtec told me that is normal. Glad you got it sorted out, that is what this forum is all about. Skeeter is the resident Graphtec guru and the one I turn to when I need help.

Mark

• Like 1

I used Robomaster when I first unboxed the plotter, just to make sure it worked. Then I installed Corel Draw X3 and Cutting Master 2 and have been using that exclusively since... Whatever caused it to change settings, your sage advice enabled me to resolve it.