AAndrews19

Hand Carved Foam

Whow! I see some serious usage of material & techniques for carnival individual costume constructions, designing & presentation, awesome workmanship.

Great Job! After seeing your other work, the shoe sign, I bought some foam and a hot wire cutter and made a small wood grained sign... not finished yet, gotta either find something or get something to seal it where I can paint it.

Can'twait to see the finished product though! Alan

Great Job! After seeing your other work, the shoe sign, I bought some foam and a hot wire cutter and made a small wood grained sign... not finished yet, gotta either find something or get something to seal it where I can paint it.

There was a product and link in the post on the first page I think it was called styro spray .

Dan

Styro Spray is the #1 option, but you need to have the capability to spray it.

If you are looking for something immediately, so you can get to playing with paint.... you could try Elmer's glue. Might be a pain to work with, and may not hold up super long, but It would work as a coating.

Also, you can brush on any acrylic or latex paint to bare foam, just can't spray with any kind of solvent based paint... it will eat away at the foam. So, if you don't plan on leaving this outdoors, or somewhere where it will get banged up, you could go without coating.

AND THANKS EVERYONE for the compliments.

Styro Spray is the #1 option, but you need to have the capability to spray it.

If you are looking for something immediately, so you can get to playing with paint.... you could try Elmer's glue. Might be a pain to work with, and may not hold up super long, but It would work as a coating.

Also, you can brush on any acrylic or latex paint to bare foam, just can't spray with any kind of solvent based paint... it will eat away at the foam. So, if you don't plan on leaving this outdoors, or somewhere where it will get banged up, you could go without coating.

AND THANKS EVERYONE for the compliments.

I have spray guns and a booth so I should good there, and want to have these creations outdoor durable. No one in my area doing something like this...

Thanks for the tips and advice, I'll check into Styro Spray.

Alan

I have spray guns and a booth so I should good there, and want to have these creations outdoor durable. No one in my area doing something like this...

Thanks for the tips and advice, I'll check into Styro Spray.

Alan

Industrial Polymers makes it. You need to spray it with a hopper gunner, like they use for drywall spraying.

Well folks... here it is, COMPLETED!

Only think I might add is some clear to the flames. It was too humid today to spray clear.

post-18354-0-08424900-1342416806.jpgpost-18354-0-75307900-1342416806.jpgpost-18354-0-48305300-1342416807.jpgpost-18354-0-16510400-1342416808.jpg

• Like 1

Industrial Polymers makes it. You need to spray it with a hopper gunner, like they use for drywall spraying.

OK cool, that's for info! Alan