I have purchased some vinyl from stahl's which is a lot thicker than the vinyl that came with the MH 721 I got the machine cutting but when I use stahl,s vinyl it just makes an imprint will not cut all the way thru. I have slowwed the speed to 18 and the down force to 200 no luck.  ;D:huh: ??? :huh:

Guest fivestar

adjust the blade by turning the brass nut and then turning the blade holder nut about a quarter turn or so.

This machine is just going thru the motions but making no cuts, I even changed the blade ?  :huh: ???

You need to make the blade come out of the holder further... Keep turning it about 1/8 - 1/4 of a turn until you get the desired results of cutting all the way thru.

I have turning the blade a lit and a lot is there such as the blade going breaking??? I don't think the blade ia even coming out once it presses against the vinyl

You should see the blade ..It doesnt come out ,, Hold on Ill post a pic ............

The blade doestn come out when it presses on the vinyl... The blade should already be out...

Did you put the blade in it when you bought the plotter?

Do you have a blade in it?  push on the very top of the blade holder, the very skinny piece, it should push the blade out for you to grab it...

Wow :dontknow: , Beardown, I think that is out way too far... Do you cut with the blade out that far?

Guest fivestar

I thought the same thing when I seen it.  I am probably half to a quarter that distance out.

Wow... My blade is only out as far as the thickness of the vinyl that Im cutting...

I thinks thats the way its supposed to be set up, ive had my blade out deeper than that, but they dull faster due to it cutting into the backing paper...

What force do you guys use when cutting with the blade out that far.  ;D

With my FDC vinyl i use only at most, 30 g of force....

My blade holder itself, when cutting, nearly touches the vinyl...

Take the blade holder and take a scrap piece of the stahls vinyl and lay the vinyl on a flat table.Turn the blade out to where it is barley showing in the end of the holder.Then with a moderate amount of pressure with your hand draw a little line and see if it cuts through to the backing sheet.Keep adjusting the blade and making lines until you have reached a depth that will cut to and not through the backing sheet.And if it's a thicker mill than the other vinyl you will have to apply more down force than the g's you said you were using.

You know what I have never had a problem with the blade even denting the backing on the vinyl ..... I get perfect cuts that make weeding so easy that somethings I can just pull them off... Dont know though ...Well whatever works for you I guess

I use 30-40 Grams  ... Really just depends on where you set you holder at.

Hey its how I get down !

BEARDOWN

Guest fivestar

I take a piece of scrap and match it up with the blade, I am normally at 40-50g with calendared and with cast I am at normally 30g.  Beardown, you're correct whatever works, use it.  I just can't believe your blade sticks out that far, but if it works, that's all that matters.

Hey Tater I'm a female and I wasn't actullay turning the "blade"

but the nuts that hold the blade ;D:huh: ???

:mrgreen: OH sorry... I hope I didnt offend you...

A girl that cuts vinyl, Really, no offense, but... Wow! uh... Maybe we could chat sometime, I could give you my number or something... :Hello:

I often wanted to find a girl that was acutall interested in something that I actually like too...  :wav:  ;D  :huh: ??? ;D

Guest fivestar

Quit upping your post count while flirting Tater........:huh:

Its not flirting, unless she flirts back... LOL

Quit upping your post count by telling me to Quit upping your post count while flirting Tater........:huh:

Just kidding...

Quit upping your post count while flirting Tater........:huh:

When I was doing the embroidery business,I noticed over the years that there were many embroiderers that also used cutters.In the embroidery field,it's about 85% female.And if you look at the members on the board you will find that we have quite a few females.Of course the females in the embroidery field used theirs to do more of the creative crafts end than making signage.But I have seen a lot of impressive things made by those embroidery gals.And I think Tater should get on google or yahoo and find some of those embroidery forums.He could spend days trying to make a date with those in the field.(Hehehe).

Most of the embroiderers use them for cutting heat transfer vinyl and for cutting different types of backings that are used for display purposes and adding effects to their work.And they use them for scrapbooking.I saw a lady on the carolina stitch bulletin board that took the stahls flocked vinyl,cut out letters and applied them to a sweatshirt,and then she hooped the sweatshirt and embroidered around the lettering with a fancy floral font.It was a really nice effect if you're in to that artsy fartsy kind of stuff.

Well Guys & Gals I figured out what you were talking about.... About the blade sticking out so far.. I was cutting some magnet sheets earlier today and had to have the blade out farther... and forgot to set it back....

I was cutting the Outline of the magnet sheets so I could have perfect curved edges....

I was like "man or woman" :huh: its not set that far ,,what is everyone talking about"... Then I go to cut something a lil bit ago and relized that it was still set deep  !!  lol

So If you don't know, now you know ! !

Guest fivestar

Well Guys & Gals I figured out what you were talking about.... About the blade sticking out so far.. I was cutting some magnet sheets earlier today and had to have the blade out farther... and forgot to set it back....

I was cutting the Outline of the magnet sheets so I could have perfect curved edges....

I was like "man or woman" :huh: its not set that far ,,what is everyone talking about"... Then I go to cut something a lil bit ago and relized that it was still set deep  !!  lol

So If you don't know, now you know ! !

LOL... That would explain it.