I been using my machine for about 2 years now with the flexi software and havnt had any problems. Now I have ran into one. It seems the coil that picks the needle up is not functioning properly. Its dragging across the vinyl and leaving scratch marks. Any suggestions? Thanks.

are you really trying to say that the carriage head is not bringing the blade back up? The carriage head is staying down and cutting everything...

If so, sounds like you need a Z chip.. This can be caused by static. Hope you have your cutter grounded.

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/1406/category_id/70/product_name/Z-Axis+Carriage+Chip+for+MH+Series+Cutter

http://support.uscut...-and-what-to-do

If your cutter is on a stand you need to ground the cutter to the stand. Vinyl has a lot of static, and that static has to go somewhere, Static will ruin electronics. You don't need to be a pro... Static will zap your cutter , Pro or hobby...

I see you have been using your machine for 2 years, but take some time and read the newbie manual, download in first post

Since you did hear an audible "pop", it makes perfect sense that replacing the chip will most likely be getting you back into full operation.

It's only a $5 part, and not terribly difficult to re-solder into place.

I think since it's all electronics based equipment that handles static loving vinyl, a good investment even if your machine is grounded (and especially if it's "high end") is a box of 99 cent store anti-static drier sheets. If even a "little" static makes it to the wrong componant it's guaranteed to cost you more than 99 cents. I stick one sheet into the end of the tube I'm cutting and in doing that, I've eliminated the issues usually associated with static in my ungrounded machine.