arty-rc

Heat Press Question

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a Heat Press. Which one should I be looking for? I am doing all my work as a Hobby/Business and have no desire to do very large orders. Also,should I buy new or used? Thanks.

You should look at a 16 X 20 . I have a auto open I know a lot of folks love them, however I could live without the auto open that's just me... I think bigger is always better, I also feel a good brand name one rarely goes bad so I wouldn't hesitate buyng a used one in good condition. If not in a hurry check Craig s list etc.

I recently bought a lot of stuff from a guy that was going out of the business and moving and I could have bought what looked like a brand new George Knight 16 x 20 swing away press for $400.00 I came so close but didn't really need it and didn't want to mess around trying to sell it and ship it. Just shows you the deals are out there...

I bought out a business that had a 16x20 GK swing away combo press, 13x19 sub printer, GK hat press and a GK mug press..A ton of supplies and shirts for $900 bucks...The printer sold new for $329.Combo press was $1300, hat press was $589, mug press some where in there....Was practically new stuff..The guy bought it all and didn't know what it took to do shirts and had no cutter...

Deals are great!!!

A family member got me my 17x20 press as a gift some time back so I was reluctant to ask them to buy me an expensive one and went with a "Made in China" press at about half the cost.

I can honestly say that I love the thing and in the three years I've had it it's been a very dependable unit.

You'll get lots of stories and kudos steering you in one direction or another but the bottom line I suppose is your budget for the thing.

I purchased mine through heatpressnation.com because they have a local fulfilment center and I had a coupon but they do carry several different brands from designer to knockoff.