Sign in to follow this  
plugy

cutter not cutting to plot line

I have flexi 8.1 with a liyu cutter and cannon printer.

Running windows 7 64bit to get working i am running it in xp compatible mode.

I import a bitmap, transparent, then contour cut to select the outline i want.

Send to printer it prints with registration marks.

It then sends to cutter when i set up the optical eye on the marks it starts to cut.

BUT doesn't cut round the image it is like an inch of, how do i get it to cut accurately

Make sure you are following the arrows on the registration marks properly They are numbered and have an arrow pointing which way they should load from..... Also if you are using a USB connection that may be the problem.... I had my VE R31 hooked up through a USB and had nothing but problems. It would do the same thing I could line up the marks just fine but when it came time to cut, it started to cut too soon which gave me a huge gap on the one side and cut through my design on the other. I read that some of the drivers for the Chinese cutters don't fully support bi directional communication...( I think that is the right term, It's been a long day.)

I have flexi 8.1 with a liyu cutter and cannon printer.

Running windows 7 64bit to get working i am running it in xp compatible mode.

I import a bitmap, transparent, then contour cut to select the outline i want.

Send to printer it prints with registration marks.

It then sends to cutter when i set up the optical eye on the marks it starts to cut.

BUT doesn't cut round the image it is like an inch of, how do i get it to cut accurately

Have you adjusted the plotters cut? Load so junk vinyl and in production manager find the test cut option... make the 12" square test cut. then weed and measure the square side to side and top to bottom. If it's not 12X12 plug in the plus or minus in the field box and select compensate all future cuts as not all stepper step at the same rate. As it sound like your cutter is not in sync with your printer as far as output size.