I am pretty much dead set on buying a Silhouette Cameo. Contacted USCutters through ebay. I felt positive by the response today.

But then I read the responses to the guys who have problems and seems the solution is "Call Customer Service."

That's scary.

I'm deaf. No matter how many phone numbers a company has on its page, I'm not calling it.

Customer service is part of sales. If I am going to buy from a company I want to know what I am getting before I fork over my hard earned dollars. If they send me that in an email, then that is part of the contract. And if I don't get it, I have a valid complaint and proof of what was promised.

And even if I am deaf, I realize, anybody can tell you anything on the phone and forget it later.

So you people scare me thinking everybody can make a call and solve a problem. I can't. But companies are geared to that way of thinking.

I am a disabled vet. I have 19% hearing in one ear. I might hear a train with hearing aids, but it doesn't do much good on a phone. No matter how hard I push that phone up to my head, it won't help when someone is turning their head or whispering on the other end. Customer Service people get offended when you ask them so speak up. And no matter how many times you explain you are deaf, it never sinks in.

I sent another message asking the max mil the Cameo would cut. No response.

I started readint this forum and started wondering if an MH or an SC might be better than the Cameo.

I sent them that question.

So far no response.

Too I live in the boonies in Texas. The nearest hobby store is over an hour away and according to the online info they don't have it in stock. No surprise. A lot of things I used to buy when I lived in Dallas is unavailable in this area.

You people have me a little worried, but if i don't get a response, I can buy a Cameo in 20 different places for the same price.

If the person handling ebay can't answer simple questions, maybe USCutter doesn't want or need my money.

G

Gary, the Cameo is made by Graphtec, Graphtec's are great cutters. I own a larger model and have never had a problem in over 4 years. And I'm talking about a $3000 machine. They cut great the first time.

You can find most of your answers at the Graphtec site..

http://silhouetteame...om/support.aspx

I also purchased my son a Graphtec CE5000-60 almost $1700.00 machine, from USCUTTER about a month ago. Was delivered in 2 days, and runs perfect. I would only purchase a Graphtec, if I had to purchase mine over again. I started with a Chinese cutter and upgraded to my current Graphtec. FC7000-MK-75...

They have a live portal you can type to a person during business hours

Mark

Skeeter I know how you feel about tools. I have worked with tools all my life, just hadn't had much luck with computer controlled tools....lol. Got my first CNC router last year. Got it setup and blew the CPU fan. Replaced that and next run blew the CPU fan and the hard drive. My son hasn't let me forget that yet. Guess that is what son's are good for. :D

I am intensely researching this purchase. And the really crafty ladies at the Silhouette forums are showing me ideas I couldn't have dreamed about in 30 years. Form everybody who has used the Silhouette I haven't heard one complaint. I'm not planning to do production work, so I think the Cameo would be a good start.

Mark, I appreciate that answer too. Maybe because I found USCutters at the big auction, one of the first listing in search, I didn't see that. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks again!

This forum is great for answering questions Garyo. The only thing i see i don't like about the Silhouette Cameo is you have to have a cutting mat. With a MH, SC, Roland, or other cutter you cut right from the roll of vinyl.

This forum is great for answering questions Garyo. The only thing i see i don't like about the Silhouette Cameo is you have to have a cutting mat. With a MH, SC, Roland, or other cutter you cut right from the roll of vinyl.

Raven that's a good point. And I'm pleased with the response from USCutters too.....

"The Silhouette should be able to handle the materials you need. The product I would suggest for you is the Oramask 810, or 810s. It's thin enough to wrap, but thick enough to reuse it. It is however adhesive. There are also products such as the greenstar 7010 SBB which might work well for your application. You can find all of our stencil materials directly from the USCutter website. Simply do a search on stencil. Likewise for the Oramask materials."

When you set back and think, sometimes it is hard to reccommend a specific use machine since the seller can't know the full intent of the buyer.

And the buyer doesn't what the machine will do or how to get the best performance from it. He only knows he has an idea.

Maybe the buyer doesn't convery what his intent is in a manner the seller understands. Maybe he doesn't know how best to accomplish what he intends. Or maybe the seller believes the buyer understands more than he does.

In any case there is a difference in selling a machine and using a machine.

A salesperson can quote the specs and say in theory what it should be capapble of.

A person who has experience with the machine will tell you what it can actually do.

And that is the good thing about forums like this.You can get information from people who have moved from theory to hands on experience.

That makes a huge difference to me when I am thinking of buying something.

G

All I can say about the lack of response is that maybe since Monday was a holiday, they have a backlog of email to answer. IF you ever have any problems, just PM me through the forum, I can usually get you a response quick. I am not as deaf as you, but getting pretty close. Only 20% in one ear and 60% in the other which makes using te phone hard for me...so I know how you feel. Do not worry. I know of NO OTHER company that offers lifetime support for free like USC does,and they will help you whenever and however is needed,

ON a side note...US Cutter support does NOT monitor these forums on a regular basis...BUT if I make them aware of something they need to address...they are usually right on it.

• Like 2

All I can say about the lack of response is that maybe since Monday was a holiday, they have a backlog of email to answer. IF you ever have any problems, just PM me through the forum, I can usually get you a response quick. I am not as deaf as you, but getting pretty close. Only 20% in one ear and 60% in the other which makes using te phone hard for me...so I know how you feel. Do not worry. I know of NO OTHER company that offers lifetime support for free like USC does,and they will help you whenever and however is needed,

ON a side note...US Cutter support does NOT monitor these forums on a regular basis...BUT if I make them aware of something they need to address...they are usually right on it.

Thanks John!

I appreciate all the help I can get everyday I have to deal with people who can hear. :D

Whoever the uscutter handle is at the big auction, is probably tired of me. But I give that person a lot of credit for taking the time to answer my questions which led me to buying a Silhouette Cameo.

Being honest about it, I'd say they went out of their way to get details that meant a lot to what I am doing, but maybe not so much to most craft and hobbyists.

Now if they could only get it to me yesterday..... :lol:

Thank you John! It's a pleasure meeting good people!