Sign in to follow this  
jwalters69

storefront help - how to display banner or other ideas

Greetings. I have a customer that wants to display names of items she sells IE: "Dog Collars" , "Dog Food" etc, but does not want vinyl applied to the windows. even when explaining that it can be removed she is firm in nothing on the windows. She would really like to use static clings that are re-usable as she would like to change the words now and then but I don't know of a good product for that. I was thinking banners; but I am not sure how to hang them on the inside of the window without taping them up which would look tacky. do they make some kind of suction cup that would hold the banner tight?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jim

I bought some static cling to do holiday themed things on our front window. Apply the regular vinyl to the static cling and you can't tell it's not applied directly to the window. They are removable and reusable.

• Like 1

I do a LOT of stuff like this in coroplast...usually 8x18". I put grommets i all 4 corners. That way, people can hang them one above the other and change out as needed. For windows, suction cups with hooks work great.

Jay, can you explain how you used the static cling? Did you use it inside and stick the vinyl between the glass and cling? Or did you do window-cling-vinyl?

I used it on an outside window but there is now reason why you couldn't cut in reverse and lay the vinyl in the opposite way so it could be used from inside. If it's just one color, it would be easier.

Would it still cling good if there was a big vinyl graphic in between the cling and window?

Would it still cling good if there was a big vinyl graphic in between the cling and window?

Put the vinyl on the back side and reverse the cut.

So looking through the window I would see the adhesive? Correct?

Yes, but the adhesive is clear. Just color of the vinyl shows through

Great ideas. I like the chorplast with grommets and suction cups. Are the suction cups available at the local stores or do you special order them?

I think the strip mall prohibits a-frames.

thanks

Jim

JAY sometimes I am amazed at how dumb I can feel!!! I have a small project I have been working on for a nursing home that wanted something done with cling decals and I have had them printed and they turn out horrible!! I NEVER even considered this... I am leaving for my cabin today, Monday when I get back the home will be very very happy I have come up with something for them..... How well does that stuff cut?? They want individual letters so in theory I could cut them in regular vinyl do an outline, separate the outline, then cut the outline into to he cling??? This way it would have the same shape as the letter instead of being just a box cut around the letter.. (Of course it would all be mirrored.)

Keep in mind Ive never used this stuff either. But another way you can do it. In my head at least is, Cut the whole graphic in the cling with an outset and then cut the regular colored vinyl the normal size.

What ever you decide to do, make sure you create a post.

It cuts the same as any vinyl except it's thicker so I put my blade out further. The ones I have done I contour cut around the design leaving about 1/2". If they want seperate letters, I think I would just make the cling a box around the letter. Then you could line them up with even spacing. Kind of like the changable plexiglass letters in the lighted signs. If you are doing the rectangle thing, I would just cut by hand.

• Like 1

Wow. I have a roll of static cling at home and I was wondering what to do with it. Now I know. Thanks Jay!