Sign in to follow this  

I have just got flex8.5 and very new to it.

Any help on how to contour cut would be really helpfull.

I have an image that i have run through vector magic and installed in flex it has a red outline with plot lines around it.

How do i change the outline colour and be able to move the outline in a bit to not get any white edges.

Also how do i insert plot marks to send to my printer ready to cut.

Please explain in simplton terms many thanks.

Not that I'm trying to hijack your thread, but since the topic is FlexiSignPro 8.5 - I figured I'd ask as well.

Is it really worth the thousands of dollars?

edit: Oops. didn't realize it was an old thread.

Edited by NateL

Not that I'm trying to hijack your thread, but since the topic is FlexiSignPro 8.5 - I figured I'd ask as well.

Is it really worth the thousands of dollars?

edit: Oops. didn't realize it was an old thread.

I guess It all depends on what your business model is going to be... If not printing, purchase a lower level. I purchased Flexidesigner 10, at a great deal. It has all the graphics features and trace features, of Flexisignpro10 It just doesn't have the cutter drivers. You just save your work and import into your cutter software. It is awesome software as far as the graphics end.

• Like 1

I bought mine used, and yes it is worth it. Ive tried, most of the good ones out there, and flexi is an all in one product. i doubt i will ever go to anything else. if i had to yes i would drop $4000.00 for it. but im not too deep into the business yet.

What part of MI you from PC?:huh:?

I also bought mine used as a package deal from a shop that went out of business but have to say I wouldn't buy it new..... For the cost and what not I would just master SignBlazer and Inkscape like others here have done.... Actually I have LXi apprentice I would probably go back to that.... For what little I do I could learn the free software and utilize that..

If you ever see a great deal on Flexidesigner, grab it. I have picked up 2 this year. It is Flexisignpro without the rip and drivers. , I just use Flexistarter for my drivers. You would love it. Great design and editing features as well as vectoring program. And it can be upgraded later for a price. Retail is $995.00 much lower than the Flexisign pro price, especially if you don't print..

• Like 1

Im from west michigan. Right on lake Mi pretty much.

I Love free software, but flexi just does it all. signblazer etc, just had too many problems connecting to my cutter, and i am not one for standard software. i like it more technical. ( good reason why not to buy an Iphone its too "basic" 1 button ..to simplistic for me lol )

Flexisign has just about all the tools you will ever need. inkscape, even tho inkscape does vectorize some images better than flexi tho,

yes $4000.00 is hard to swallow for software, but it is worth the money. i would still try to find it cheaper.

I just upgraded whole shop to 10 about a month ago. 2 seats frexipro and 2 seats designer. I could not imagine running a shop without it.