speleopower

Some of my recent projects

I took 45 minutes to paint and 5 hours to take all of the masking and vinyl stencils off.

-Scott

That is awesome nice work Scott . Amazing

Nice job there on both, have you tried useing paint mask? may make taking the stencil off a little easier. I really like the helmet

Bob

I'm thinking about adding a bunch of tiny bubbles in between the larger ones....hummm to many things to paint.....

No I haven't used the paint mask specific vinyl. I think the main difference is the adhesive is different so it doesnt get attacked by solvent based paints. I don't use solvent based paints. The biggest reason I have not used paint mask specific vinyl is because it is so expensive compared to a normal roll of vinyl.

Once I get the top of the ski clearcoated I will flip it over and do the same design on the bottom.

-Scott

Here is another model airplane with some basic stencilling done on it for the scallops. I traced the scallops and then scanned the traced image into the computer. I then vectorized it via Inkscape and tweeked the shape slightly.

This is an experimental rubberband powered model that I am trying several new materials together. 1)Polyspan covering, 2)waterbased Polycrylic for adhesive for the polyspan, 3)Auto-Air colors for the paint. So far it seems to be working out.

-Scott

post-24954-0-35958300-1355285869.jpg

post-24954-0-38583000-1355285900.jpg

Any old school gamers out there?  Not video gamers.  I made a quick logo for my new Dungeons and Dragons Players Handbook plus I a made old school paper grocery bag book cover :-)  

-Scott

post-24954-0-22880700-1358030748_thumb.j

• Like 2

Any old school gamers out there?  Not video gamers.  I made a quick logo for my new Dungeons and Dragons Players Handbook plus I a made old school paper grocery bag book cover :-)  

-Scott

That's cool Scott . :D 

Oh I even stuck the sticker on the paper bag cover a little bit tilted to give it a tiny bit of "little kid" flair...  Actually I just slapped the sticker on and realized it was not on straight.

Glad someone likes it.  Hahaha-Scott

Lots of projects to post up that I have done.

1st is a Hello Kitty sticker punisher sticker I bought to scale down to paint on my neighbors kid's bow.

2nd some graphics painted onto a model airplane from some vinyl stencils I made for a friend

3rd sticker I made for myself

4th sign I made for my RC model club

post-24954-0-95060100-1366680850_thumb.j

post-24954-0-97637200-1366680868_thumb.j

post-24954-0-33918300-1366680899_thumb.j

post-24954-0-59100200-1366680908_thumb.j

• Like 1

My jetski with custom paint which used a lot of vinyl stencils plus some custom cut vinyl numbers

post-24954-0-70395100-1366681314_thumb.j

A photo I used of a vintage antique radio control unit to make a new decal for a friend who was rebuilding his RC transmitter.  He needed a new logo.  I suggested he do a paint job but he insisted on a vinyl graphic...The details are to fine and I think the sticker will peel very quickly when handled.

-Scott

post-24954-0-84445000-1366681343_thumb.j

post-24954-0-29536100-1366681353_thumb.j

Really nice job. Wish I had the talent to airbrush. I'm stuck on cut vinyl because I perceive things in solid colors and seem to rationalize gradients.

Jay

It's been awhile since I posted to the forum and wanted to show off some very detailed cuts I was able to make using my SC machine.  These are paint mask stencils for a model airplane a friend is building.

You can see a ruler to get a size approximation for the cut stencils.  The upper graphic is a rub on decal that I was able to copy to make the stencil.

Scott

post-24954-0-29503300-1386043322_thumb.j

japanese kanji 525 backup.svg

• Like 1

It's been awhile since I posted to the forum and wanted to show off some very detailed cuts I was able to make using my SC machine.  These are paint mask stencils for a model airplane a friend is building.

You can see a ruler to get a size approximation for the cut stencils.  The upper graphic is a rub on decal that I was able to copy to make the stencil.

Scott

Once you know your machine and the proper settings it's amazing what they can do.

That's for sure.  The Kanji paint mask is the most detailed cut I have been able to do.  Luckily it's a paint mask so I was able to weed the tiny parts out using very fine tweezers.