speleopower

Some of my recent projects

It's well deserved .... Say i want to get into this later on also ... i have a question if you don't mind quick ... i found a Airbrush kit on Amazon.com the pump 1 starter airbrush gun.. hose and on the pump it has the clear container to take out any moister water in tank or lines .. 65 bucks brand new since your already doing this i would like your advice since your the pro ... this be good for me later on when i want to start this? then work my way up to better later

No I don't recommend that as a starter airbrush set. Just about any compressor will work but get the best airbrush you can. They really are a once and done investment. I recommend the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. It's not the cheapest airbrush but it works wonderful and will give you many many years of trouble free operation. I have had mine for 7 years and have not had any issues other than it needing a deep cleaning once in a while.

If you don't have enough money just get what you can afford and go for it. But if you can save $60 in a month for a kit save for 4 or 5 months and get a real deal setup. My other recommendation is to get as large of an aircompressor as you can afford and have space for. One of the 5 gallon tank setups would be minimum but get a large 20-30 gallon tank if you can afford it. You can't run a large spray gun or air tools with a tiny compressor/storage tank.

I have seen several friends get cheapie starter airbrushes and quickly give up.

Thanks Scott for all the wonderful Information .. I will just do that then and not waist my time i will just keep saving up for the good stuff no messing around lol.... My fater and I been wanting a big Compressor that stands up right ... big one.. and not them electirc nosiy ones we had one before we want the one with the belts on the motor a lot more quite. lol... So that is what i will do and look into that IWATA ECLIPSE HP-CS .. thanks so much my friend :D

Cool a big compressor will work great especially if you go with a big 'ol one. I have a 25 gallon tank and it will run my airbrush for quite a long time. For bigger spray guns a 30 plus gallon tank would be best. My 25 gallon tank will keep kicking on to maintain pressure when I use my big spray guns.

No problem. Next question is what paint to use.

For starters Createx paint is good. I like to use Createx Auto-Air and Wicked Colors for everything. I like the Auto-Air paint due to it being easy to use and clean up.

I don't like the solvent based paint due to cleanup issues.

http://www.airbrushaction.com/airbrush-getaway-workshops Take a look into a class as well. I'm hoping to goto one or more of the classes next year in Orlando. But it would be fun to fly to Vegas for a class.

wow yeah thanks for that information also on paint .. yeah i don't know what to use so now i know ... but all i do know is i really want to get into this later on its always been a dream of mine ... i seem to think i am a good artist and i do paint well .. so this gets me excited ... so yea i will look into that site in a bit ..your the man dude ... now i know who to come to for questions about this later on ... :D;) hey man maybe i hitch a ride to a class sometime lol ... har har .... thanks bro :D

Oh for model painting I use water based color coded paint for whatever I am painting.

The Wicked Colors or Auto-Air colors seem to work pretty good and they are not crazy expensive. I don't use them on my models because the colors are not correct for scale models. But as graphic painting colors they are good to work with.

I painted my friends jetski at the beginning of the year with Auto-Air paint and it is holding up quite well.

If your really wanting to get into it look on Craig's List for a used compressor in your area and look for a Paasche Talon airbrush from TCP Global. I got my compressor for next to nothing from Craig's List. The only thing I had to do was replace a couple of seals on the compressor and it is now like new.

I don't really consider myself a great artist just a wannabe artist.

Well Thanks again Scott my friend .. more great Information for me you the man ... I will look into all that stuff when the time is right .. .. And every Great Artist thinks there not very good my friend .. we are the worst own critic , i love your work man... thanks again bro ... didn't realize how many diffrent kinda paints there are lol

Made 3 and almost 5 signs for my girlfriends school class. 2 of the signs the students are still trying to figure out what they want. One is for other impaired senses like hearing impaired and the last sign will be for artifical limb users.

post-24954-0-22668000-1350158247.jpg

post-24954-0-60049400-1350158256.jpg

post-24954-0-26844800-1350158274.jpg

post-24954-0-03154500-1350158281.jpg

• Like 1

WOW, Very nice bro... that is all done in paint with airbrush and stencials ? its so clean good eye bro

A Halloween themed sticker for my house front window next to the front door. I cut this from a scrap of 24" wide white. It is about 23" wide

post-24954-0-70602300-1350255927.jpg

• Like 2

I got it from Vectorstock.com I bought 25 credits a few months ago and have picked up a few cool graphics that I can use different elements for lots of cool graphics.

The spider and web was just plain cool to I got it as well.

Just did this airbrush Yamaha logo on my jetski using vinyl masked from my cutter. It is painted using Auto-Air colors.

post-24954-0-11530700-1351213948.jpg

post-24954-0-64534500-1351213957.jpg

• Like 1

Here's a helmet I painted recently for a buddy of mine. I used vinyl stencils and masks to do it. Gotta love pentagrams and skulls on a helmet. My friend has the same pentagram as a tattoo so we just turned it into a vector so I could cut it from vinyl.

Paint is Auto-Air with 2 part urethane clear.

-Scott

post-24954-0-10459900-1351644513.jpg

post-24954-0-78856900-1351644522.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks KayWals. I give it a college try. Goto a local auto paint type store and you should be able to get a 2 part urethane clearcoat. Get a spray gun from Harbor Freight to spray the clearcoat. PM me for info you if you want more.

• Like 1

Yeah i been there before got some cheap tools and things . My father got a spay gun from there before and we never used it yet just sits in a box , is a larger one i bet that be good for just clear or something .. thanks yea if i have any questions i will pm yea thanks bro :D

Some graphics I did for a friend tonight. One is a pentagram like my friends tattoo (to funny I didn't realize I took the pick of the pentagram laying on my Dungeons and Dragons book, yes I play in a twice a month game) and a logo for our informal local jetski group.

post-24954-0-63618600-1352512563.jpg

post-24954-0-33626500-1352512570.jpg

Currently I am in the process of painting my personal jetski. Its getting a similar paint job as my other ski. There is a ton of vinyl stencils here. It is almost 6' of 24" wide vinyl that went into making all of the stylized bubbles for both sides and the front bottom of the ski.

-Scott

post-24954-0-39880900-1352680866.jpg

• Like 1