speleopower

Some of my recent projects

First is a custom jetski paint job with lots of vinyl stencils used.

The turtle is a large vinyl stencil and is actually I think the 4th or 5th piece of vinyl I cut with my new US CUtter SC 34" machine. Plus lots of bubble stencils!

On the side is a couple of flowers

post-24954-0-25286300-1338256567.jpg

post-24954-0-83824900-1338256798.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a Sign Blazer file for some digital camo that I made today. Wanted to paint some digital camo onto a helmet.

Let me know what ya'll think.

-Scott

digital camo.SBD

Thanks! It's still not finished. The turtle graphic and bubbles are from Vectorstock.com and the ski is one of my personal jetskis.

-Scott

I've been playing with trying to get vellum to cut. Finally found a sort of solution. I used a big piece of heavy drawing paper as backing a sprayed some spray adhesive on the paper then layed the vellum down.

The little paint ball splat cut but it was very stuck to the backing paper. It ended up ripping but now I know I can cut vellum and it will work well if I find and use a less "agressive" spray adhesive to hold the vellum on.

Here is the first piece.

Any other ideas on cutting vellum for reusable airbrush paint masks would be welcome.

-Scott

post-24954-0-50927400-1339889056.jpg

Well that's a blinding flash of the extremely obvious....thanks for the tip. It didn't occur to me to try the sticking vellum on the application tape.

I will give it a try in a minute.

Thanks-Scott

-

Well that's a blinding flash of the extremely obvious....thanks for the tip. It didn't occur to me to try the sticking vellum on the application tape.

Thanks-Scott

-

yeah i have some stuff from Bren it is clear but the backing is near the same as frisket paper for painting.

Thanks-Scott

-

I think missing the obivious is an airbrusher's trait! LOL Me and some of my artists are the same way! LOL

Keep us posted on the progress.

Happy Brushin'. Alan

more stencils and airbrush stuff. Here's a butterfly stencil and the final product.

Then I started big Yin-Yang symbol on the back of a jetski that is going to end up as a wave and a sun wrapped around each other.

-Scott

post-24954-0-58677900-1340060760.jpg

post-24954-0-92603800-1340060766.jpg

post-24954-0-80961400-1340060841.jpg

Another stencil I"m working on for my jet model. Attached is the actual tail art work on the aircraft then an .eps file that I drew up in Inkscape.

I really learned alot about Inkscape over the past couple of nights.

tail graphic for sign blazer.eps

post-24954-0-57843000-1341361269.jpg

Can i ask what your cutting to make your stincile? The stincil material from Oracal works really well because its more conformable but i have had good luck using Oracal 631 with my AB.

I have used the cheapest Greenstar vinyl and Oracal 651. So far that has worked well. I have also cut thin mylar and paper for some reusable stencils as well.

Here is the latest sticker "order" I did for a friend of mine except for the "Ford"s one of those is going on my car. There is so many cuts because I was working on getting the blade offset, pressure and cutter tuned up some.

-Scott

post-24954-0-27166400-1347332393.jpg

Here's a couple more projects.

First is a 35 year old model airplane I have rehabed to get to flying shape again. I cut my last name and put it below the original owners name. Going to cut numbers and put my number below the original owners.

Then the actual paint job on my jets tail fin and the numbers on the nose of the jet.

post-24954-0-16087100-1348928374.jpg

post-24954-0-58760800-1348928441.jpg

post-24954-0-51033200-1348928559.jpg