is it hard to maintain a domain? i have used flash to make the front of a webpage at school, but only did that and presented it, never uploaded or anything like that and it was very basic.

i wanna make business cards too, but i need the name and logo for it too :P, i guess i will get graphics insight, i like how it sounds :>

It is Graphics-Insight (with a hyphen).

The hyphen is critical, and you always have to include that dash or else you will be confused for GraphicsInsight, which is another domain used by another company.

yes, but for domain it will be Graphics-insight, but can it be without dash for the name on the logo only? or that would create problems?

The business name (dba) will contain the hyphen, yes, absolutely.

That dash is now PART of the name identity of the company.

It must be included, in all instances where the business name appears, on letterheads, on invoices, business cards, signs.

When registering the business with your State tax authorities, that dash will be there on the paperwork.

here ya go: this means graphics are in your site

GRAPHICSAREINSITE .com or GRAPHICSAREINSIGHT.COM

and is currently available. No hyphen, and explains your business. Just a thought LOL

So let me get this right before I get too far into this new adventure. Before I can sell my products on the net I need to lock down a so called domain name which I do at godaddy.com, which will guarantee me that this is my sight and my sight only? Correct? Does this cost a fortune? I want to start small but eventually sell on the web after some expierence but I want to make sure I will have that ability when the time comes.

So let me get this right before I get too far into this new adventure. Before I can sell my products on the net I need to lock down a so called domain name which I do at godaddy.com, which will guarantee me that this is my sight and my sight only? Correct? Does this cost a fortune? I want to start small but eventually sell on the web after some expierence but I want to make sure I will have that ability when the time comes.

"Site" --- (fixed location)

KWIKPRINTSTORE and KWIKPRINTSHOP are available domains.

$13 each.

I live on the lake here in town..... I have come up with Lakeside Graphix (since I operate out of my home). It is ok for now and the view is wonderful out of my office window!

Nope, neither is me. I live in a very small town. I have no intention of using the internet for my business. I have no desire to be "busy". I am lucky enough to be able to retire at an early age so this is mostly done as a hobby and doing enough business to help pay for said hobby. Who wants to be busy working when your retired? I know this is not the ideal business plan for every one but works for me :-)

Well maybe if we knew a little more about you we could help. Coaster36, Active Military Duty (Thank You) and Palm Harbor, Florida. Florida Graphics is out, they are on Calumet Street in Clearwater. Coaster 36 If I had to guess I'd say Coast Guard and 36 years old and Palm Harbor, Florida. Well as long as you stay away from Scoggins (Marvin), Stansell or Strachan's you'll be okay.

How about Guardian Graphics, Coastal Graphics, PHG (Palm Harbor Graphics) or Sunset Graphics?

Hey Doug, where are you located?

I think I figured out a name, just havent gone ahead and bought the domain yet.

I do like Guardian Graphics and Coastal Graphics. I didnt want to use anything local because I transfer so often. PHG wont fit to well in Kodiak Alaska.

Hey Doug, where are you located? I think I figured out a name, just havent gone ahead and bought the domain yet. I do like Guardian Graphics and Coastal Graphics. I didnt want to use anything local because I transfer so often. PHG wont fit to well in Kodiak Alaska.

I'm in Clearwater but spent a lot of time in Palm Harbor during my high school years.

well hello neighbor. Do you ever go to florida graphic supply? Those guys are great.

well hello neighbor. Do you ever go to florida graphic supply? Those guys are great.

I buy all my stuff from them. I can practically walk to their place. I go every year to their open house.

I made a list of descriptive words & put them all together until I found something that I liked & wasn't already taken.

I chose 2 of my loves, vinyl & photography, and came up with Vinyl Exposure. It's also pretty general...I make wall decals, plates, gifts, etc....I wanted a name that wouldn't lock me into just one thing.

All I have to say is that if I ever open a Hot Rod & Speed Shop.... Im gonna name it Rusty Nuts......

That funny. A good friend of mine owns a 4x4 shop that specializes in custom mud trucks and off road trucks and its called LooseNut 4x4. I have done a bunch of vinyl for them.

My company name, I do more then just decals put I used my initals of my first and last name. kmcutoms I went with that because I also run a small trucking company and its call km trucking so just seemed right. lol Plus it was eay.

A friend suggested "Here's Your SIgn" on evening after several Bud Lites and has been a good change from "Larry's Signs & Lettering".Everyone knows me as "Max (my nickname for about 25 years) They remember the name!! That's what matters anyway.

We decided on "Gettin' Sticky!".  (Of course on the domain, it'll just be GettinSticky.com)  We tossed around a few ideas, and wanted to use "StickEmUp", but it was already taken.  We have someone working on setting up the website, but now we need to find someone to make us a logo.  We're thinking a cartoon-ish teddy-bear with stickers (decals) stuck all over it.  (kinda like it had gotten into a fight with some honey, and everything it touched, stuck.)

Ang

Jay's Place and not because I was too lazy to come up with something. When someone comes in asks who they'll be dealing with and who's gonna help them with any issues I tell them my name and tell them as along as my names on the door I will help them out. People seem to like knowing who they're dealing with, not just a corporate name and employees who can't make decisions on the spot.

Jay