How did everyone figure out their business name? I can not for the life of me pick something that works and isnt taken already.

Well, I used my last name and its me and my brother doing the vinyl. Plus there was a famous set of relatives years ago that were a gang. So I just went with The James Boyz lol used a wanted poster and added some pistols and it came to be.

I like it. See I cant think of something like that.

Maybe more ideas. Whats everyone's business name?

LFS Performance Graphics www.lfsperformancegraphics.com

The LFS comes from Liquid Fusion Studio, which is my other business, Professional Electric Tattooing & Photography www.liquidfusiontattoo.com

Bruce

• Like 1

Damn those are good. I like them both. Lets throw some more out there. It can help all new business owners.

custom-sign-store

In my opinion, obtaining a name for any business today requires a search to see if the DOMAIN is taken.

http://GoDaddy.com is a good place to start.

• Like 1

Absolute Airbrush - my wife said it one day and I said 'that's it", so unlike Dan (LOL), I wasn't up nights, LOL Originally it was Absolute Air but then changed it to airbrush to reflect what I do... but want to change it now to reflect vinyl and printed shirts and photo transfers as well... Think of your area... your main customer demographic... give me some info and I'll see what I can come up with... I like coming up with names, jsut wish I could change mine all the time but not smart business! :-)

Alan

• Like 1

How did everyone figure out their business name? I can not for the life of me pick something that works and isnt taken already.

You can to to some of the domain name sites, like GoDaddy and enter them in their website. They can tell you right away if it's taken, and give you a name of something similar. Just keep trying and be unique.

Absolute Airbrush - my wife said it one day and I said 'that's it", so unlike Dan (LOL), I wasn't up nights, LOL Originally it was Absolute Air but then changed it to airbrush to reflect what I do... but want to change it now to reflect vinyl and printed shirts and photo transfers as well... Think of your area... your main customer demographic... give me some info and I'll see what I can come up with... I like coming up with names, jsut wish I could change mine all the time but not smart business! :-)

Alan

The problem with using my area as a business name, like "Florida Graphics" is since Im active duty military, I wont be living in Florida forever. But something like Paradise Designs like banditt came up with would kind of still work anywhere I go. But maybe something generic yet still about Florida could work. My main demographic would probably be one off stickers for car clubs, but Id like to do a lot more business store fronts and vehicle lettering. Never see my self getting into lighted signs or anything that requires a lot of overhead.

I would prefer Graphics or Design in the name. But if the right name has signs. I wont complain.

I'm just starting up and my brother came up with mine. I was wanting something catchy so we came up with Donkey Punch Graphics. Can't say it without smiling. Plus it covers anything I want to get into. Signs, car graphics, window graphics, T-shirts, sandblasting, etc.

My name is Cori. Everybody close calls me Core. CORE DECAL & SIGN.

Dragon, why not turn it around and make it Graphic Insights, sometimes changing the words around will make it more memorable.

as far as a dot com name Graphicinsights.com is already taken. and I would only get a name that is not taken on the dot com list... or someone else will grab it... but these are still available right now.. from GoDADDY.com, they throw out names to help you out, that are not taken..

Graphic-Insights.com .....CreativeGraphicInsights.com .........DesignGraphicInsights.com ........MotionGraphicInsights.com

i am in middle of that too, i was thinking in naming it InSight graphic or something like that :P

insightgraphic.com is already taken.... go check out the godaddy.com site.. it can help you out a lot... that is where i got mine, and have it paid up for 10 years.

Sometimes just the addition of a dash will turn a "taken" name into one that's available.

Graphics-Insight is available.

but those names are taken because someone registered the domain only, that desnt mean they own a trademark of that name, only domain in internet.

i will think of a name first then maybe put up a website later, i live in mexico and people dont buy that much from webpages (at least in my city). i will see what name i will use first, and thanks for those names, i will read them many times and think if one of those will be good or give me an idea of something :P

Even if your going to sell on EBAY, it is good to have a domain name. My domain name, will take you right to my EBAY store, I keep business cards in my purse, and pass them out. They have my name and domain name on them...

We live in the year 2012, and without having a top-level domain name that potential clients can access easily, you basically don't exist. This is the age of Google, Facebook, and Yahoo!

Obtain a domain name first, and then name your business after the domain that you've acquired.

By the way, Hyphenated names are not the ideal way to go, but in this case, I think you would be well-served by using Graphics-Insight.com

is it hard to maintain a domain? i have used flash to make the front of a webpage at school, but only did that and presented it, never uploaded or anything like that and it was very basic.

i wanna make business cards too, but i need the name and logo for it too :P, i guess i will get graphics insight, i like how it sounds :>

To maintain a domain name, Just pay for it.. and every time the bill is due once a year. or how ever long you purchased it for..About once a year, they request that your account info is still correct...

I just started my sign business (called Viral Vinyl Design) and the first thing I did was perform a domain name search to see if the names I had thought of for the business were taken yet. Some were (ViralVinyl.com for instance is a blues band website) so I just kept trying different ideas until I came up with something that wasn't taken and I liked! Registered my domain and had it pointed to my hosting in 12 hours. Websites are very easy to maintain nowadays, with most hosting providers offering web based tools to do pretty much everything. Hope this helps! JayBirde