VinylDave

Hello Everybody! Happy Memorial Weekend!

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself since I've been lurking around for weeks. I really appreciate this forum and all the info it offers. It's helped me immensely with finding the right cutter and finding other resource related to vinyl. I've had zero experience with vinyl but there are a few things I wanted to try and see if I can make some money on. I just purchased a Graphtec CE5000-60 from craigslist for $700. Guy wanted $850 so I tried to lowball him and surprisingly he took it. Hopefully I'll get around to cutting some stuff this weekend. I'm waiting on my supplies to be delivered over the next week so I can experiment with window graphics, car graphics, T-Shirt vinyl, etc. I really do appreciate you guys, it's amazing what you can find with the search button!

Thanks,

Dave

• Like 1

Yeah, I couldn't believe the listing price! Then I just figured what the heck, how 'bout $700. He replied, sounds good. I couldn't believe it. Problem was I had to drive up past Ft. Wayne to get it (4 hr. drive). He demo'd it, I paid, then I ran like a thief in the night. ;D

Hello and welcome great catch on the cutter. I used to listen to a am radio station from Fort Wayne WOWO radio back in the early 70s

Congratulations, Dave.

With just a few orders creating decals and doing applications, you'll have the money back for that unit.

You might want to consider doing some SELF-PROMOTION coroplast 18"x24" bandit signs and place them where people will see that you're available for doing their vinyl-cutting jobs (when putting out those signs, do not violate local ordinances, of course :police: )

Thanks Slice, I truly want this to flourish into a business. Just gotta find my niche.

Everyone starts somewhere --- I began with making Job-Site h-Frame 24" x 36" signs, and have since earned thousands of $$$ doing those.

I love 'em, they're easy to design and easy to produce.

file_90_34.png