louis clarke ii

Roland GX24 -Tracking question

I just got a Roland GX24. Can I cut a 20ft flame with good tracking results. I tried using a lower end cutter with bad results. If so it will be about 12in wide can I use 15in vinyl.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking about three separate pieces. They will be going on a boat.

Thanks, Louis

LOL,, If for that amount of money , it doesn't cut 20ft straight,, perfect. I would get my money back and purchase a Graphtec. LOL I know my Graphtec will cut it perfect.

Can't you pre feed your vinyl? You can see how it tracks when you do that.

LOL,, If for that amount of money , it doesn't cut 20ft straight,, perfect. I would get my money back and purchase a Graphtec. LOL I know my Graphtec will cut it perfect.

Can't you pre feed your vinyl? You can see how it tracks when you do that.

Thanks for the quick reply. Kinda new at this. I guess I will give it a shot. Going on a friends ski boat.

Bye the way I LOVE my new cutter. Got it from US Cutter

I would think you could do that on 15" vinyl. I could on my GCC with no problems.

I would think you could do that on 15" vinyl. I could on my GCC with no problems.

Thanks I will give it a try. I had a GCC 24 Expert. I must have had the paper inaccurately aligned. It fouled the last two of twenty feet. I had a LOT of waste.

I guess it was my error in the set up. Making decals is a side effect of another project. I had NO intention of doing this. Funny this is kind of a hobby for me that has turned into profit making venture.

Thanks for the help.

My buddy brought his boat over and we laid the vinyl. He was pleasantly pleased as was I.

post-21228-0-05171200-1337968093.jpg

I guess it was my error in the set up. Making decals is a side effect of another project. I had NO intention of doing this. Funny this is kind of a hobby for me that has turned into profit making venture.

Thanks for the help.

My buddy brought his boat over and we laid the vinyl. He was pleasantly pleased as was I.

Looks great.

When I set the vinyl on the rollers, I hold the roll and pull it snug before I put the pinch rollers down. Then I take it offline and roll it out a distance to make sure it is tracking straight before cutting.

• Like 1