Imp

Why hello there

hi everyone. have posted before but never did an intro, so here goes. Brand new to cutting. Work for an auto dealer group and was pretty much thrown into it head first lol. i have a zencut black 24", flexi10 starter and a little bit of a background in graphic design thou my big draw back is i am not an artist. Thou i have been working on some of my own decals and images for side projects, i'm a big geek so alot of them are gaming, geekery and sci-fi related.

From the boston area and like i said i'm brand new, only two weeks in and still figureing things out as i go so i apologize up front for newb questions i may have.

Best of Days,

~Imp

Welcome. How do you have a background in Graphic Design and not be an artist?

Jay

i have been doing marketing and whatnot for my job for a few years. putting together ads, websites and flyers. It's more collage work than anything but a smidge of design i think i has worn off. I'm not an artist in the sence i can just take a blank canvas and free hand

i have been doing marketing and whatnot for my job for a few years. putting together ads, websites and flyers. It's more collage work than anything but a smidge of design i think i has worn off. I'm not an artist in the sence i can just take a blank canvas and free hand

I understand. I can take things that I have and put them together but it's hard for me to start from scratch and create something that looks good.

Hi there, from the sound of it, you're doing just fine ---

I know what you mean about not being an "artist" in the sense of being able to jump into Illustrator or Corel and churn out vector graphics.

At my studio, I created my own little sign -- but it's more of an inside joke than anything, because I'm certainly by no means really an artist.

post-21408-0-34008900-1337820292.jpg