i am looking to expand, im just doing small jobs but i would like to start saving up and buying new equipment, i am want to be able to print on yard signs, rather then vinyl 150 of them... both sides.... and i would also like to print on license plantes, (i guess dye sub is what its called) but what i really want is to be able to print on a canvas... kinda like a what artist use to paint on. and i would like to print posters to. i have no clue where to ever start. i have been looking at Epson Stylus Pro 7880. or is there somthing smaller that i can just do yard signs on, and maybe get somthing better later? any pointers would be greatly appriciated.

Your talking multiple printers to do the things you are talking about correctly.

If you are wanting to print directly on coro looking at a uv flatbed (best option in this department IMO) starting about 85k. (or screen print them for about 2 grand for a simple setup).

Large format solvent, latex, uv or ecosolvent to print on adhesive vinyl then apply to coro looking at avg 15k for printer, 5k for lam, 3k for supporting plotter.

Large format dye sub can be had for 10k on up unless your looking at a desktop printer, then a few hundred and a heat press can get you started.

Large format dye art printers can start at around 3k for your canvas, posters and fine art printing.

Just remember looking at the 7880 it is not a production printer. more fine art. Posted speeds are in high speed bi-directional mode. If your doing anything that pixel counters will be looking at you can easily double the posted speeds and also this will vary with your rip if using one vs the spool driver (slowest mode ever).

Or can always look for used equipment. Places such as Digitsmith sell used large format machines you are looking for. Its a big learning curve. Good Luck!@

If you want to be able to print on flat and soft signage, you are looking for a hybrid printer. You need either UV, Latex, Full Solvent, or Resin Inks and are talking $40K+ depending on which model you go with.

Or you can go with the recommendations made above by SA Graphix of equipment you can buy at this stage and grow into that flexibility.

Or you can just send your printing work out to members here for a very good price.

that sounds great,but i want to be able to do it all in house with a fast turn around times. i was just hoping for pointers on good machines that will do what i need them to, id like to print on yard signs, and be able to print on canvas, i just want to know what r good machines for these aplications.