nathanmc

Cutter not completing cuts on corners/edges?

I've got a big issue that's driving me insane with my cutter. The cutter seems to not want to cut all the way, almost as if the paths are not complete, on everything it cuts,,,, including letters. While weeding I will have to hand cut corners or risk ripping/tearing of the vinyl material. I've tried adjusting the speeds/pressure of the machine and blade with no luck. This is causing me to lose valuble time and material by having to redo jobs. Anyone had an issue like this before? All help is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

What program are you cutting with? You will want to see if it has an option for "overcut" and enable that. I have mine set at .1" in Flexi.

• Like 1

You know what man, that's more than likely the problem..I use Flexi too. Soon as I get to the shop this AM I'll give it a try, thanks Dr12volt.

What program are you cutting with? You will want to see if it has an option for "overcut" and enable that. I have mine set at .1" in Flexi.

I had a few cuts that did not finish but doing that overcut just made my stuff weed like butter thank you sir!

• Like 1

I have this same issue and have an MH-871 with Win 7 using SCAL Pro. Does anyone know what that Overcut should be set at?

just enough to make if finish the cut  ;D

• Like 1

I have a Laser Cutter II and use Surecutsalot pro. I am having the same issue, doesn't seem to have an overcut setting in SCA Pro. Super frustrating. I have changed speed and pressure also.. I don't know what to do, can anyone help?

Make sure that you set the blade depth correctly.     What does your test cuts look like from the TEST on the machine? Show pictures.   Surecutsalot 4 has overcut, why wouldn't 5? Check the cutter menu where blade offset is. 

This is correct way to set your blade depth.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand, firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel your blade tip out of the blade holder.