Hummer

Graphtec CE5000-60 NEED HELP A.S.A.P.

Well I picked up my 'new' (to me) cutter yesterday. She wanted $1000.00, but I paid $800.00. Anyway, I am trying to set up this thing and configure it, but I can't get it to cut in WinPCSIGN 2010. Here is what I am doing:

- Installed everything off of installation CD

- Went to Control Panel to check what port it is: It reads Ports (com & lpt) Rim Vitual Serial port V2 (com 6) and also Rim Virtual Serial port v2 (com 7)

I have tried both the com 6 and com 7 and it is not communicating with plotter. What am I missing?

Any and all help a.s.a.p. would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to play with thing...so much different than my crappy Chinese cutter. Thank you...

Do you have COMMAND set to HP-GL? You need to, for any software other than Cutting MASTER 2 Or any of Graphtecs cutting Programs

You can actually run the GRAPHTEC on USB with no problems.

• Like 1

I have read and re-read the manual. I went to command and changed it to HP-GL (what does that mean)? I am a dumb newbie and I don't understand what you mean by "You can actually run the GRAPHTEC on USB with no problems". Right now it is 'printing' the conditions onto a piece of vinyl. Have no idea what is happening. It still won't cut a word "TEST" using my WinPCSign Pro.

Here is what it says under Port in my WinPCSign. Port Com1, com 2, com 3, com 4, com 5, com 6, com 7 (four times), LP1, 2, 3, 4, windows port, USB, USB. When I used my old cutter it was port 4. I can't get it to communicate with each other. Please be patient with me, K? Thanks...

GP-GL is GRAPHTEC PROGRAM GRAPHICS LANGUAGE ..... HP-GL is HEWLETT PACKARD GRAPHICS LANGUAGE.... Most cutting software programs runs on HP-GL... The command info is in the user manual.

A Graphtec is nothing like your Chinese cutter. and will connect much easier. Put it on USB if you have a USB cable. You can run this cutter on USB and not have all the programs of a Chinese cutter with static, memory, grounding. I have ran my Graphtec on USB for over 4 years, and never a problem.

I can't help you with WinPCsign. I don't know anything about it.. Put it should set up like most any other cutting software.

Member mr300s uses Signblazer for his Graphtec CE5000-60. He uses Graphtec 50 under setup.

I personally use Flexistarter. I had started with Flexistarter and another vinyl cutter , and just continued using Flexistarter with my Graphtec.

Thank you so much for the information. Still can't get the computer and cutter to communicate. Will play some more. You will probably hear from me again. Thanks once more...soooo confused.

Well, apparently, folks- Cutting Master 2 isn't compatible with CorelDRAW X6.... lent a version of X5 and got her up and running until graphtec gets off the ground with an update... hopefully they do soon! WinPCSign appears to be nice, but just isn't as polished and friendly as corel and cutmaster!

Hello everyone,

Thanks...I mean a huge thanks to vinylmotivations for the extensive help that he gave to me. Spent hours with me online. Got me up and running, now I just have to practice. Mr. Vinyl Motivations... YOU ROCK!!!!! I promise that I will 'send it forward' as soon as possible.

• Like 1