Sign in to follow this  
muppetrabies

Canon w8400....What can it print on?

Hey everyone!

I just bought a Canon w8400 printer. Bought it to print out posters, but wasn't sure what else it was capable of. I tried goggling it, but couldn't really find any answers. Anyone know if it can print on banner or vinyl material of any kind?

Thanks in advance, like I said, I tried researching it on my own, but couldn't seem to find the answers.!

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/imageprograf_series/imageprograf_w8400

That is still a pigment style printer so it will work fine for indoor posters and what not but has no UV protection. You can print to aqueous acceptable material and laminate for outdoors but the outdoor lifespan still isn't all that great a few months at most depending on weather.

http://usa.canon.com...geprograf_w8400

That is still a pigment style printer so it will work fine for indoor posters and what not but has no UV protection. You can print to aqueous acceptable material and laminate for outdoors but the outdoor lifespan still isn't all that great a few months at most depending on weather.

Cant you change out the ink with UV ink?

I don't know I didn't read that far into it. I just skimmed through the quick specs. I seen something about a new matte black or something. Someone may offer a UV kit for it but I am not sure.

I don't know I didn't read that far into it. I just skimmed through the quick specs. I seen something about a new matte black or something. Someone may offer a UV kit for it but I am not sure.

Lol i did the same thing!

Thanks for taking the time to respond! New to the large format printers, so wasn't really sure what I should try. I'll do some more searching and maybe call a local supplier. Thanks again for the helpful info!

Mactac makes a nice vinyl that will accept ink from inkjet printers. I use that with a laminate and it works pretty nice. I spoke with my old partner the other day and he was talking about they have some kind of new solution out there that will laminate and last as long as a solvent printed decal. Up until this week when my Designjet started acting up I was printing party banners and what not really started to enjoy the new design possibilities.