if you were to get vinyl in a textured wall, how would you do it? or you wouldnt do it? with textured wall i mean walls that has like grain on them and arent smooth.

What kind of vinyl... I typically use a heat torch and a rivet brush. Super heat the vinyl and press it in using a circular motion.

I use a tennis ball and roll it over the design. Depending on the paint, sometimes it's hard to get the application tape off. I find that semi gloss paint is the worst.

i see, i guess i will have to buy the heat gun then and a tennis ball :P

i found UScutter sell the heat gun and the heat gun kit, what does the kit has that the gun doesnt have?

I just go here... Harbor Freight Picked one up for Cheap. Used it to remove old graphics on a Semi truck.

i see, i guess i will have to buy the heat gun then and a tennis ball :P

i found UScutter sell the heat gun and the heat gun kit, what does the kit has that the gun doesnt have?

• Like 1

With heat guns you get what you pay for. With tinting I use heat guns all the time and find if you spend more on a good one they heat much faster and last much much much longer.

Back in the day when i started to tint cars, got a heat gun from Harbor Freight and i was there like every other week getting a new one lol, just broke down and bought a 200 dollar one.

Back in the day when i started to tint cars, got a heat gun from Harbor Freight and i was there like every other week getting a new one lol, just broke down and bought a 200 dollar one.

Yes there is nothing worst then being in the middle of shrinking a back window and having your heat gun die. The first time I had to leave in the middle of a job to get a heat gun just to come back and have to redo the back window I also started buying good guns. I go through about 1 every 12 -15 months.

If I had to guess its most likely the same gun just one sold as a kit. I have a couple that came with the attachments and have never used them. I haven't used that brand before and have no idea who it is made by. I buy mine at a local Orange home improvement place for about the same price as that. The ones I use and the ones I make the new guys use. Mine is a Wagner and only has 750 and 1000 degree ratings. I have used them so I know how much heat they put out in a hurry so I know I won't bubble paint or melt upholstery or worst case shatter a window. I have ordered countless guns and have only replace these about every 15 months. Not that they quite working they just don't get hot as fast and I am not as patient for some things as others.

These are very good and last.

http://www.amazon.co...37353637&sr=1-1

If you follow the directions and just run the fan with no heat before shutting it off, it prolongs the life of the tool. Read the reviews. I have been using mine for about 15 years. The base comes in handy when I bend plastic.

• Like 1

Steniel is the way to go on heat guns... Longest warranty and Last forever, Just be prepared to pay $200+

These are very good and last.

http://www.amazon.co...37353637&sr=1-1

If you follow the directions and just run the fan with no heat before shutting it off, it prolongs the life of the tool. Read the reviews. I have been using mine for about 15 years. The base comes in handy when I bend plastic.

Those are nice for vinyl work. But they are to big and bulky to tint with. When I first started I had an old one like that (still do actually) and it would almost kill you in some of the tighter back windows. Like on the inside of the 05 Grand Prix's at the bottom with the angle the glass is on. A lot of guys are leary of taking a heat gun to the inside on the film but they "dots" around those windows can be a pain some times to get the film to lay down. Although lately I have been using a new trick that was passed on to me...... But back to the gun issue if you don't have to work in tight spaces or hold it for long periods of time those are really nice.

Those are nice for vinyl work. But they are to big and bulky to tint with. When I first started I had an old one like that (still do actually) and it would almost kill you in some of the tighter back windows. Like on the inside of the 05 Grand Prix's at the bottom with the angle the glass is on. A lot of guys are leary of taking a heat gun to the inside on the film but they "dots" around those windows can be a pain some times to get the film to lay down. Although lately I have been using a new trick that was passed on to me...... But back to the gun issue if you don't have to work in tight spaces or hold it for long periods of time those are really nice.

Might I ask what the new trick you learned was?