Sign in to follow this  
bethj95

Another ez-weed question

so on a couple of things i have done i have noticed that after i press it so of the garment color almost fades into the ez-weed i am new at this so i am not sure how to handle it am i pressing for to long, to much pressure, do items need to be treated somehow prior any help would be great

thanks

If they are 50/50 blends the heat will draw the dye out of the Polyester. Mainly from my experience (which is limited in shirts) the reds, dark blues, and blacks

These have all be dark colors what do you do when this happens??? Is there a trick to prevent this??

Thanks

I wash mine before I do them seems to help some. Other wise try a different brand of shirt. Some of the 100% cottons are the way to go but with those you have to watch I have had some troubles it appears some of them have a weird dye or something that the Siser doesn't always adhere real well to.

I only use 50/50 because the 100% cotton shrinks too much for me to be comfortable with. I het press the shirts for 3 seconds before applying the vinyl to them, then I press the vinyl. It does leave a "square" visible, but what I do is put the shirt in front of a fan for a few minutes and the moisture goes right back into the shirts and the "square" goes away. I hope this is what you are talking about, I had problems with this at first until I realized how to get around it. If you have any other questions, message me, I'm not a "know it all" but I have learned the hard way lol