Lady_VI

Best Chrome vinyl?

What is the best chrome vinyl to use for vehicles? I have some Oracal 352 chrome and I hate it. Stuff is only 1 mil thick and so hard to work with. Just woundering if anyone knew of a better kind.

Thanks in advance,

Vi

I always try to upsell to a cast metallic. Be very specific with the customer about the short life and durability of the polyester foils. If they insist on the foil make sure you have a disclaimer on the sign off sheet stating no warranty on this type of film for exterior use.

Thanks for the fast responses. I have the 651 silver metallic but most people want the shiny mirror chrome. Is there a brand that is thicker and easier to work with that has the mirror look.

Avery Just came out with a wrap chrome mirror but you are looking at $90+ per yard of 48"

to answer your question on the foil, no. Most of it is a 1 to 1.5 mil film.

I use Avery Chrome SF 100-846-S SILVER~CHROME, It is thicker. I have to use more force to cut it, than regular vinyl. I use 11 on my Graphtec for regular vinyl. I have to use 14- 15 force for Avery Chrome.

the data sheet says 2 mil. but you have to use more force to cut thru it crisp, as it is polyester films,,

Im using the 2.7mil 5 year chrome from H&H Sign Supply and it seems to be good. They sell by the foot.

But Im using it on flat surfaces, not wrapping.

I picked up some of the Creative Films Prime Cast stuff from USC and I like it. It is foil based however and I do not believe it will "wrap" as it is designed for only slight curves.

Just my advice, i would give the polyester 352 another chanse. I can persoanlyl say ive had some amazing results with it once i learned how to use it. It actually weeds esier than regular vinyl for me.

Can anyone post some pics of their chrome vinyl I got some one that opwants chrome and i would like to see it first before purchasing