abullock22

cutter stops cutting half way through job - graphtec ce5000-60

Currently working on one of my physically larger jobs which will require the vinyl to be sectioned together. However I just ran my cutter (graphtec-ce5000-60) and it stopped mid job. the overall size is 38" in length and it got about 19" along and just stopped. - Even when i try and jog the vinyl out of the machine so i can cut it - it stops dead.

Ive never experienced this before and its fairly annoying as i dont have a lot of this specific color left and i just wasted whats just been cut - so nervous about re-sending the job again for the same thing to happen. Is this a hardware issue or shall i just walk away for a few hours and come back lol

Thanks

Andy

what cutting software? Post the file. Use the pen in your machine on paper for now or on the back of the vinyl backing

Have you tried factory default?

Do you have the length of your vinyl set wrong on the cutter??

I went for a walk so id stop getting frustrated and had a think, when i boot up the graphtec, just before i pick "roll 1 press enter" is says L 19.7" S 22.2"

Is this the measurement its using to cut only 19.7" (i presume the 22.2" is the width available)- if so how do i change this to the full length i need.

Good call on using the pen - im fiddling around so will try that.

I am just using coreldraw and it recognizes the cutter through a usb, not sure the actual printing software Im using, but i set the page to the size i set up in the file - all looks fine in the print preview

when i hit print it goes into the graphtec cutting plotter controller - i just hit advanced and it shows page length at 20" (although not 19.7") is this where the problem could be?

I cant seem to find anywhere else where is has this 19.7" length which shows up when i boot up the graphtec

Arty-rc is right go to your Graphtec cutting plotter controller and change the vinyl length.

ahh i just changed it the page length on the computer to 40" - turned off my graphtec, turned it back on and now that reading of L 19.7" has changed to L 38.7" - so i think this may be the answer - weird how its not exact and that little bit off but it seems to change the length of the roll

are you using Cutting Master 2 that came with the Graphtec? It is very important to know what your cutting software is, to help you,

the software seems to be called the graphtec cutting plotter controller - i belive it came with it

not sure if this screenshot helps anything

2012-05-12193217.jpg

If your using Cutting Master 2 on the layout screen toward the upper left corner, Should say

Media size,

below it, you should have for your cutter something like 23.6.00in x 1968.00 in

The cutting plotter controller is NOT your cutting software. Your cutter came with Cutting Master 2, to be used with the Corel and adobe illustrator, plugin. Look on your disc. Or go to Graphtec site and download it.

If you were familar with Signblazer, you can also use it with the Graphtec vinyl cutter.... Mr300s uses Graphtec 50 as the driver. You use the Signblazer all cutter version which can be found on the forum under Signblazer thread

thanks skeeter - so this will give me more control over the sizes of what Im cutting?

I just swapped out the blade and used the pen to draw out what i want to cut with the new page length size i put in and it seemed to work fine so curious as to how cutting master would improve anything? Am i bypassing cut master 2 altogether? - i remember i installed something that came with it and couldnt get it to work properly (shocker) so bumbled my way through and ended up with this set up working for me - im interested to know how I should have everything set up for optimum control.

2012-05-12195443.jpg

Yes, the Cutting master 2 IS made for the Graphtec. When you are just using Illustrator or Corel. You will have to get instructions from someone using it. I already had Flexistarter, So.. that is what I use. But you have to use a cutting software of some type with it.

Like I said, Signblazer can also be used , but you have to put the Command language on HP-GL

On my Adobe illustrator, IF i wanted to cut the image. I would click FILE> CUTTING MASTER 2 is on the list, > then cut/plot. Then my Cutting Master 2 screen loads with my file in it.

Not print. When you install the the Corel Plugin it should show up also.

post-3058-0-15250400-1336868208.jpg

Ive cut a lot of stuff already the way im currently set up and never had an issue or need to use some other software (and it seems i just needed to change the page size for my original thread issue) - but ill look into it, thanks a lot for your advice, very much appreciated!!

I think all your doing is sending as a printer file, If your just clicking PRINT>

but your welcome . Maybe something will help you.

It still has to be set in the Graphtec Plotter Controller, go ahead and set it to 144" or as long as you think you will ever be cutting. I had the same problem when I was cutting a big job a while back even though I was using SB and vinyl was set large enough to cut the image in SB.

Just a thought but when it stops cutting try hitting the enter button on your cutter

When you send something to your cutter- you aren't printing, your plotting- which means completely different things in how the data is sent. Your screens should look like this.

If you're just printing, you may need to install cutmaster 2 as it allows you to control the positioning on the vinyl, the size, weeding lines and borders etc... it may not have worked properly before if your cutter was not set to GPGL language....

post-13895-0-60899700-1336885793.jpg

post-13895-0-72519800-1336885794.jpg

• Like 1

thanks for everyones help - i got it cut and installed - as a lot of people mentioned it seems i just had to change the page length in advanced settings was all - so if anyone else runs into this issue, take a look into that!

Again thanks for all the help and fast responses!!

now thats out of the way i can spend some time and look into using sign blazer for more precision handling of my vinyl!

My 2cents- Signblazer would be a step back from using the corel/cutmaster plugin together. Really- if you want to see how to use it, I would be willing to spend some time over the phone and online with you getting it rolling- Cutmaster allows even more precise placement, imho, than SBE.

• Like 1

I only recommended Signblazer, because A LOT of the new members, learned Signblazer with their entry level cutter, And don't want to learn a new design software, when they already know Signblazer, Just thought maybe you were one of those people.