kenimes

Mac Setting for SignCut

When using SignCut on your Mac computer the device setting needs to be dev/cu.usbserial

To change this setting, open SignCut, click on the cutter button, then select /dev/cu.usbserial from the device drop-down menu. This should help the plotter run smoothly with your Mac.

Hope this helps our Mac users

Ken

Is that the driver for the USB Serial adapter? The driver provided by SignCut is named differently.

There is a new version of SignCut available at www.sc-x2.com for Mac users. it has addressed several issues and that would be my first suggestion. Just go to customer login and once logged in, you can go to downloads to get the latest Mac version.

Ken

Guest garysigndesign

NOTICE:

The latest word from SignCut is that there is no problem with the SignCut software but the Refine plotter has a bad USB to serial port chip installed in the  side of the plotter and it should be replaced with an external converter plugged into the 9 pin serial port  thus bypassing the USB plug. Also when using the serial plug port use a third party USB to serial plug like the KEYSPAN  - RS232 / USA-19HS by doing this bypass this will correct any outstanding  communication problems caused by the chip set  built in the side of the plotter. The reason for the problem is this particular chip dose not have the capacity to be upgraded for the newer operating systems to convert information to the plotter. Hopefully US Cutter will reimburse us for  this expense or inform the Refine  plotter users that they are able  to purchase a bulk quantity of a workable adapter plug and offer it to us at their cost  along with an additional 5 months of free signcut plotter software access for the inconvenience and time from developing our business. While they replace this bad chip with an upgraded one.  Also offer a replacement chip to be replaced along with upgraded drivers to make good to all of the customers who have been waiting for a real fix for there plotters that will allow them to finally start cutting vinyl without any mistakes and rebuild their confidence in there foundation which is a reliable cutting plotter. from : garysigndesign  / Gary Karm out...

The latest word from SignCut is that there is no problem with the SignCut software but the Refine plotter has a bad USB to serial port chip installed in the  side of the plotter and it should be replaced with an external converter plugged into the 9 pin serial port  thus bypassing the USB plug.

Thats really odd, because I have my refine connected thru the USB port and it works flawlessly...

Oh... Thats right... your using a MAC..., but wait... people have used the USB with the refine succesfully with a MAC...

have your tried to connect your machine to a PC??? If it works, then i guess this will eliminate SignCuts bogus claim that the machine has a bad USB... It sounds like maybe the problem would be in your MAC then???

all of the customers who have been waiting for a real fix for there plotters

All of them? Really?

:g:

Guest garysigndesign

There are problems with the Refine plotter line so please do not sugar coat it at this point this is just a fact.

The problems that I have been dealing with are not just Mac specific. I have read on one message board regarding the Refine plotter being used  on a Windows machine and  they are having the same problems as I have been dealing with they might also be using FlexiCut. Recently, I have added a  Keyspan serial converter and I have problems with the weed border cutting completely 3 sides only and also the images are not cutting completely either so now I have to spend time tweaking the plotter settings to see if this can reduce or correct these problems.

Back in 1995 I used a program called  "Sign Post" by Taylor Graphics It was the best program I have ever used but several years they closed  down as Mr. Taylor was retiring. He notified users of his software about his retirement  and said that he was going to do something with his software either archive it or something like that but we would still have access to it in the future. Anybody know or have used this software? Please contact me. Thank you. garysigndesign out... 

Hello,

We do recommend our customers to use 4800-baud as the manufacturer recommends it in the manual. That doesn't mean

that there is something wrong with the hardware, it is purely a recommendation.

We do however also recommend our Mac-users to try a KeySpan adapter if they experience problems to get things up and

running, because that is the only adapter we know of that always works perfectly on Mac OS X, again just a recommendation.

Gary, Please refrain from using us as a wrecking-ball against USCutter / Refine as we never said anything like what you post and

we would never do.

Thanks