egraphics

Roland VersaCamm SP-300V

Hey guys - just got this machine. Everything seems to be going fine - I did a test print on regular 641 oracal white vinyl just to test the ink - everything looks good except for the swipe marks of random colors as indicated in the picture.

Sorry if this is a simple fix, this is my first printer, always just used a cutter.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

90770485.jpg

I didn't think you could print on regular Oracal vinyls- Thought you had to use printable... ie Orajet films. Which if using media thats not supposed to be printed on- can cause ink buildup on the heads as well.

Thanks - yea I know I wasn't going to use the regular vinyl - just didn't want to test on the little bit of Orajet I actually have for the first time printing.

I will put in the Orajet wrap vinyl and do a test run - thanks!

Any other suggestions?

Also if you haven't already- you can get sample rolls of printable and lam from 3m... would be good scrap to play with the printer on even though it'd take a few days to get.

Your media was bunching up around the roller - pull it tight when loading and don't make the printer pull the material off the roll. You can practice with regular cut vinyl - it is better to use printing vinyl but i know people that use regular vinyl to print on

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

So sorry, dumb question........my cutter (GX-24) I would always cut a piece to size. Do you recommend I do the same with the wrap material (so do NOT place the whole roll on the roller and let the machine pull the material up to print?)?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

just unroll what you think it will need for the job and let it hang off the back. - even with most cutters this will help with tracking. I find the problem you show happens more with narrow rolls but an starting to unroll for all jobs to ensure it goes smooth. if the cutter has to pull from a 30lb roll it is more likely for the vinyl to slip in the pinch rollers

On you sample it looks like the ink is not laying properly - so check your input and output heather settings - or it could be the 641.

Thanks - I did a sample print on a sample of FDC and everything looks good so far. Thanks for the help, and your time, I appreciate it!

those head strikes will cost you new heads. be careful not to get them!! you can print on 651 just make sure you wipe down the vinyl with alcohol let it dry and print away.

This is a little late but your printer should have come with removable media clamps that hold the edge of the media down for this exact issue. They attach to the white things to the far left and right on the pinch roller bar. If you don't have them then you can order them from various places online. And if your are using Roland eco-sol max inks, you don't even need to wipe down 651, unless it's dusty, even then just use a lint free cloth. I don't sell anything printed on regular vinyl myself to be honest, but I print a lot of tests on 651 and it holds up just as well as my Roland certified media. Roland states that their eco-sol max inks are now for coated and uncoated media. If you have anymore questions or issues with your 300v feel free to let me know.

you have to wipe it down to get oils from peoples hands off of it. if not you Will know exactly where they are.

J your correct on the wipe down..+1

I print on 651 all the time...I can't tell you how many times I forgot to wipe it down and see finger prints on the lead edge..LOL..say a few choice words then start over..naturally happens on banners and other printable stuff toooooo..LOL...

Yes wiping oils off makes sense. I just don't touch my vinyl so that's why I haven't needed to use the alcohol. Mine just gets some particles on it some times. Good advice though.