Sign in to follow this  
Mechachu

SC Series Pulling Pieces

Hello! So I am having a problem. My cutter pulls small pieces out when cutting. Especially on what I'm trying to cut right now, those pieces need to stay! lol.

Also, on some things it's not cutting certain areas all the way through. It'll leave a very small piece connected which causes the design to look like it has stretched spots.

Any help is appreciated!

Also attaching the file I'm trying to cut with small pieces.

GW2 Group.eps

First problem sounds like too much blade out.. or adhesive on your blade. Clean it good with some alcohol .. look at your blade. Slow the speed of machine down.

Second problem sounds like like a blade offset problem, go into your set up and readjust it. at ..05 + or minus intervals and do test cuts.

First problem sounds like too much blade out.. or adhesive on your blade. Clean it good with some alcohol .. look at your blade. Slow the speed of machine down.

Second problem sound like like a blade offset problem, go into your set up and readjust it. at ..05 + or minus intervals and do test cuts.

Thank you for your reply!

I was thinking that too, but I've changed how much blade is out over and over, and I've cleaned and changed the blade as well.

I'll have to check out the offset. I'm using Signblazer.

Also I tried slowing it down too. Even 100mms still has these problems.

Your welcome Take the blade holder out of your machine and cut across a piece of scrap vinyl firmly. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in the wax paper backing. Adjust to get there. Put blade holder back in machine and adjust your force to get the same results. Cut the vinyl, barely a mark on wax paper backing... Good luck

I did as you said. It BARELY marks the backing. It's doing it less, but still a bit. I'll attach a picture of what it's at now. Bad lighting in here, but you can see the pulled pieces.

post-22432-0-68922400-1336182058.jpg

I don't own a UScutter. I own a Graphtec, The info I gave was general info for any vinyl cutter. The Speed and Force numbers on those cutters I have no clue about.

Also what should the PRS be at? I have it at 1g at the moment...

I run my SC blade pressure at 28 to 36g and have good luck with that pressure. As Skeeter said, I set up my blade using a piece of scrap of the material I was cutting. It took several times to get the cut right on the scrap, but that seems to work very well on blade setup. My speeds have been between 100 for delicate cut items and for the most of what I am cutting I keep it at 400-500. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I'm still having this issue. I've tried many speeds, pressures, offsets, and cleaning/changing the blades, and blade lengths. This was cut with the blade barely out, I almost can't peel things that cut it's so shallow. Here's a pic of what's happening. Also attached the .eps

post-22432-0-33840500-1342580617.jpg

Iced Earth.eps

It does seem that I've seen more than a couple of complaints here on the forum indicating some SC cutters are shipping with their cutting head off the tracks (wheels not seated correctly).

This is something you can check yourself with a minor amount of disassembly, worth a look.

At what size is this design being cut? It may very well be that the SC is incapable of dealing with these very fine lines below a certain resolution. In other words, you may be asking the cutter to exceed its limitations on these tiny pieces.

I have never tried to get my SC to perform anything so detailed, I keep things to outline shapes whenever possible and avoid all those interior cuts.

11611544-a-black-silhouette-of-serie-of-animals-bear-cub.jpg

I've checked that as well. :(

Is the blade making a mark in the wax paper backing? If so, the blade is still out too far.

The yellow picture I posted, it was not touching the wax paper at all. But I thought it was supposed to touch a little bit? It's hard to peel when it doesn't.

Yes, I would say. those lines are are too detailed, for that cutter. and the file really needs some clean up on it before you cut it. Have you zoomed it up real big and looked at it?