livingagain75

Full hood, roof, and trunk black vinyl for Mercedes.

I have a customer that wants the whole top of his car covered with vinyl but I only have a 24" cutter right now. Can I place the vinyl side by side and look professional? Or would I need to use one solid peace?

Thanks, Bill

Look into vehicle wrap. 3M 1080 series or Orcal 470(I think). This vinyl is made for wrapping cars and will preform much better and comes in much bigger rolls so you dont even have to run it through your cutter.

Look up some youtube videos to see the process. Vehicle wraps is over my head.

I am wondering, how much can this be stretched? The hood is 60" wide and so is the 3M 1080 and the Oracle 970RA. Would this be able to cover the whole top?

Thanks

1080 and 970RA is made to wrap vehicles so there must be a way to either stretch it or butt two pieces together.

Call 3m and talk to them, they'll send you a sample pack of 1080, its really awesome stuff. So many colors and styles. I have no experience with 970RA.

If the hood is 60" and the material comes in 60" widths im sure you would be able to stretch is fraction of an inch to cover nicely.

I will call them tomorrow, but your right Coaster, I'm sure that it will stretch enough to cover.

@Ravenwind the hoods dimensions are 60 x 62".

I have actually received samples of 3M in the past, which is one of the main reasons I want to go with them. Good customer service.

Thanks guys for your input, Bill